Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ammo being vacuumed during Glaive throw

MobyTheDuck

A weird glitch that I noticed. Every time I would throw the glaive, my sentinel would vacuum all nearby ammo trying to replenish it. Was using Carrier with vacuum and his ammo mutation augment.

Doesn't picks up anything other than the archgun ammo, even though all my weapons were fully loaded and I didn't had deployed an archgun on this mission.

Xeg3U8j.jpg

G5asmcA.jpg

18 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

A weird glitch that I noticed. Every time I would throw the glaive, my sentinel would vacuum all nearby ammo trying to replenish it. Was using Carrier with vacuum and his ammo mutation augment.

Doesn't picks up anything other than the archgun ammo, even though all my weapons were fully loaded and I didn't had deployed an archgun on this mission.

Xeg3U8j.jpg

G5asmcA.jpg

Any chance you were using a spectre as well?

It's a relatively newish bug, which DE tried to fix but weren't able to squash all the issues. Unfortunately, my expectations are very low and I suspect we may have to deal with this issue going forward.

A temporary fix is to shoot all your guns and reload, which should then allow you to pickup the items. It'll happen again, but at least there's a sortov workaround.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Any chance you were using a spectre as well?

It's a relatively newish bug, which DE tried to fix but weren't able to squash all the issues. Unfortunately, my expectations are very low and I suspect we may have to deal with this issue going forward.

A temporary fix is to shoot all your guns and reload, which should then allow you to pickup the items. It'll happen again, but at least there's a sortov workaround.

No, just me, myself, Carrier and Octavia's Mallet. I could pickup ammo and other drops just fine, this isn't what the glitch is about.

All ammo drops were being pulled to be like I had some gun missing ammo, but ONLY if I threw the glaive. You can see the pile of ammo on the first pic and how it gets vacuumed when I throw the glaive on the second pic.

• 11 months later...

I'm having a similar experience, but it seems much worse because it makes mission completion impossible. I'm not using a glaive, and it only happens when I place a Mallet on the ground. Then all of the purple drops (is this ammo?) is sucked to my body, and makes an extremely annoying, rattling sound. Worse than the annoying sound is that while the Mallet is active (and all of these purple items are stuck to me), I cannot interact with anything at all. I can't pick up power cells, access consoles, etc. I can't even walk over the yellow glyph (or whatever it's called) that gives you bonus Focus for a short time. As soon as the Mallet duration ends, all of the purple items drop to the ground, and I can interact with items again. This seems to have started only a few days ago for me. Octavia is my favorite frame, and now I can't even use her for missions. Very annoying. I've only been playing for less than two weeks, but I've been spending everything on making Octavia stronger. What a waste of my time...