Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a tutorial and/or decent explanation for the Kuva Lich system *before* enabling it for players, or add some way of temporarily disabling an existing Lich

Alfaine

Hello,

I've been playing Warframe on-and-off over the past couple years, often for a month or two at a time, with large breaks in between.

Last time I played the game, I made a chunk of progress on my star chart and the story, up to and including the War Within quest.  I have been comfortably shooting and looting my way through the star chart just fine up to that point (level 40+ is usually where the enemies give me trouble and I struggle to progress).  I have no clue what the endgame of this game is even like.

Recently, I've come back to the game and enjoyed doing some of the stuff that was added in my absence, such as the Waverider quest, which was fun to do and had a nice frame as a reward, which I've had a good bit of fun using. 

However, I've also encountered the Kuva Lich system, almost entirely by accident, with no explanation - and now a lot of my drive to play the game for fun has dropped.  At some point during a mission (I was looking for the material required to make a Fomorian Disruptor on Saturn), a different enemy spawned and I was told to find it, kill it, and stab it with my wrist-stabbing thing (which is also a feature that was added while I was away).  There was no tutorial or explanation involved, just a "Quick, do this thing"

Several google-searches (and some helpful late-night Q&A chat) later, I've learned that this spawned some nemesis-type guy on Earth (and potentially more planets), who is very annoying, will tax some of my mission rewards and require several layers of RNG-filled grinding to get rid of, all at mission levels way higher (some more than DOUBLE the level) than anything I've fought before.  Even my Nezha frame (which I believe is my tankiest by a mile) melts away when trying to open up a requiem relic in a fissure, while my Baza (which I thought was my strongest weapon setup) takes entire magazines on average to kill one enemy in said fissure.

I'm not interested in the rewards for this grind (maybe many, many, many, MANY hours later down the line when I feel like I want to grind for endgame weapons?), and I am drastically undergeared and under-prepared to take on the enemies required to even have *the means* to attempt a lich kill.

Please, please add a tutorial or explanation or difficulty check for this system before enabling it, especially for newer players, or alternatively, add an option to disable the system until we're ready for it.  It's baffling that I now have to do this tedious endgame-level grind with multiple layers of RNG just to get rid of this glaringly annoying thing on my star map that I never asked for in the first place.

I agree, it's too easy for players to accidentally get themselves a Lich before they are ready for one, so it should be locked behind a small quest to teach the mechanics and ensure you only encounter one if you know what it is. 

The issue with them enabling a way to get rid of a Lich once you have one, would undoubtably lead to people creating Liches to see if they have an ephemera (which is rare, and you won't know if the Lich has one until you have the Lich) and then getting rid of them if they don't have the ephemera.   So that's not likely to happen while the ephemeras are still done that way.

However, the tax (theft) of stuff the Lich does isn't permanent.  Once you have defeated the Lich, you will get back everything it stole.  So that is at least something.  You can ignore the Lich and know you'll eventually get your stuff back.  Not helpful if it's taking stuff you need I know, but atleast you will get it back.

Also it is possible to be carried through the entire Lich process if you want to just quickly get rid of the one you have. You will need to do the fissues to get the requiem mods you need (or you can trade for them), but if you can find someone to squad up with you for the missions, they can help take care of the enemies if you're struggling.

There are also likely youtube vids that might have guides on frames and builds to help make the fights easier.

It is a missed opportunity, that DE didn't create a Story based Quest, introducing you to your first lich and going through the process of defeating them. (complete with cutscenes and specially recorded dialogue)

which would also serve as a tutorial for future generic liches

Well, no going back now, all previous content is abandoned as soon as the next big New Content Update comes along. DE is like a shark, can't stop moving forward or they'll sink.

Archived