Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Nerf'd?

-Xeno-Fire-

Hello Tenno.  Now, before you call me out for raging.  Go grind for a Paris Prime, then try and kill something with it.  Like a void Grineer.

I just got my Paris Prime two days before U11.  I was VERY excited about this.  I threw a catalyst on that, and ranked it up to 20 in those two days.  I have been busy, so I just started playing around with the new damage system, so I did a little research, found out that a Paris with over 150 puncture, and a Magnetic mod combination with a decent proc, and some nice numbers, could not kill a level 20 enemy in void missions.  No matter if I got a headshot on the Grineer or not, they just would not die.

Now, I do understand that it needed a nerf, it was rather OP, but this is just insanity!  A friend of mine with the Vectis (still OP) was body shot-ting, and insta-killing corrupt heavy-gunners, whilst my Paris P took eleven headshots to kill one.  Also, why won't it kill the corrupt Grineer in one shot?  They have zero shields, but lots of armor, so, lots of puncture should be good.

I am totally fine with a small nerf or some such, but making a Prime weapon useless in the missions that give it to you is rather absurd.  I wouldn't work for it now, it looks nice and all, but on anything but regular Grineer, it's a piece of $***.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7914196736/h39C8589D/

It seems they've severely nerfed the entirety of the bow collection, not just the prime, so that they do nihl damage, regardless of mod. The dread also feels lackluster, and barely warrants my time, now. 

Bows are harder to use than most weapons, and they have limited ammunition, so I feel that I Should be getting a little more punch per shot. after all, it currently takes 11-12 head-shots to kill a corrupted heavy-gunner with good mods. After grinding Days on end to get the Paris P, and killing the stalker countless times to get the dread, I feel they deserve a rebuff.

There is something wrong with some weapons, but most of them was balanced - with good results, to be honest. I believe, that DE going to fix some weapons in the near future.

Oh yeah, the Braton looks great +1 on that!  My Soma got a 'lil nicer, my friends Gorgon.. I shall quote him on it "They are dying before I spin up!"

My Paris Prime on the other hand?  -sheds a tear-  I shall have to wait.

It seems they've severely nerfed the entirety of the bow collection, not just the prime, so that they do nihl damage, regardless of mod. The dread also feels lackluster, and barely warrants my time, now. 

Bows are harder to use than most weapons, and they have limited ammunition, so I feel that I Should be getting a little more punch per shot. after all, it currently takes 11-12 head-shots to kill a corrupted heavy-gunner with good mods. After grinding Days on end to get the Paris P, and killing the stalker countless times to get the dread, I feel they deserve a rebuff.

I felt like my dread was several times stronger versus infested after the update. (slashing damage, duh)

Ancients got something changed because they're way easier to kill and with dread I've been killing them with single arrows on the event mission with rank 20 unpotatoed dread.

I felt like my dread was several times stronger versus infested after the update. (slashing damage, duh)

Ancients got something changed because they're way easier to kill and with dread I've been killing them with single arrows on the event mission with rank 20 unpotatoed dread.

I could do the same with my Paris before D2.0, now I cannot even kill heavy-gunners with a head-shot on my "potato'd" Paris Prime.

Edited by XenoFire

When put to use endgame, and in void missions, it feels barely relevant when compared to other weapons, though. Now its ONLY good for infested. before at least I could decapitate a lvl 30 lancer with a headshot. now, I'm not so certain. 

Edited by -Xerox-

Ancients now have no armor, as do Chargers. Strangely, Leapers now have it.

Tomorrow I am going to take my Paris Prime to a higher tier Grineer mission, and see how she performs.  I used to have no trouble pulling high level Grineer missions until I ran into level 70 or so enemies, I understand levels mean more now, but I highly doubt D1.0 level 70 = D2.0 level 26-30

Ancients now have no armor, as do Chargers. Strangely, Leapers now have it.

Well that's good to know I suppose, I still thought it was the other way around, thanks for the info.

Well that's good to know I suppose, I still thought it was the other way around, thanks for the info.

From what I heard from my clanmates, though, they swapped out their absurd armor for absurd health. It got to the point that even 100k damage won't drop them.

From what I heard from my clanmates, though, they swapped out their absurd armor for absurd health. It got to the point that even 100k damage won't drop them.

WELL THEN!  I suppose it's not that bad really, they didn't get weaker, or stonger, they just make more sense now haha!  More onto the point, I see why my Paris did almost Nil damage to them, but wrecked leapers.

I suppose a lot of D 2.0 makes sense, it balances a lot of weapons, Forces you to choose the right tool for the job, but when you bereave me my beloved paris prime, by heavily altering it's damage spectrum via serious nerfing, you done goofed.

DE, I will give you my first-born child if you rebuff the paris!

Edited by -Xerox-

I do love seeing 90k crits from my Paris Prime though! (Don't know how or why it happens, but it's fun to see) 

I'm not too sure whether it got intentionally nerfed or not, but it definitely became worse against some enemies. But it is still a good weapon, and thunderbolt(I think it is called that) has a real good use now against light enemies who insta-die to it :D(Though that is only low-medium level, high level enemies will just shrug it off)

I do love seeing 90k crits from my Paris Prime though! (Don't know how or why it happens, but it's fun to see) 

I'm not too sure whether it got intentionally nerfed or not, but it definitely became worse against some enemies. But it is still a good weapon, and thunderbolt(I think it is called that) has a real good use now against light enemies who insta-die to it :D(Though that is only low-medium level, high level enemies will just shrug it off)

I am looking at this from a void stand-point, I will be playing some high-tier Grineer missions tomorrow though. Huge crits ARE nice, but in D1.0 most arrows would kill most things, even if it wasn't a crit, but now, in the void at least, I don't get ANY crits, even on head-shots.

Don't take my word for it, the Paris may still be OP against mid-high Grineer, but using it in the void, where you get the prime version, is just.. No.

I am looking at this from a void stand-point, I will be playing some high-tier Grineer missions tomorrow though. Huge crits ARE nice, but in D1.0 most arrows would kill most things, even if it wasn't a crit, but now, in the void at least, I don't get ANY crits, even on head-shots.

Don't take my word for it, the Paris may still be OP against mid-high Grineer, but using it in the void, where you get the prime version, is just.. No.

The 90k crit is actually a bug I think O.o It usually does 2-5k crits, but sometimes it shows a 90k crit out of nowhere :D

And in the void I have had little problem killing enemies(With or without crits) since D2.0, but those were in T1(Ext/25 min sur) so T2/T3 might be very different. 

The 90k crit is actually a bug I think O.o It usually does 2-5k crits, but sometimes it shows a 90k crit out of nowhere :D

And in the void I have had little problem killing enemies(With or without crits) since D2.0, but those were in T1(Ext/25 min sur) so T2/T3 might be very different.

TIII's are what I was doing. In D1.0 I could solo T1's, I may still be able to with my vectis if I'm careful, but TIII's took me and two friends, as is, we completed it, but one of my friends had to back out and get his Vectis, and the other guy already had his out, I however, had to deal with the Paris doing almost nothing.

I would have tried a T1 if I had the key, so the Paris may work somewhat well against those, but from what I saw of the higher level ones, I wouldn't be surprised if they still took more then one arrow.

TIII's are what I was doing. In D1.0 I could solo T1's, I may still be able to with my vectis if I'm careful, but TIII's took me and two friends, as is, we completed it, but one of my friends had to back out and get his Vectis, and the other guy already had his out, I however, had to deal with the Paris doing almost nothing.

I would have tried a T1 if I had the key, so the Paris may work somewhat well against those, but from what I saw of the higher level ones, I wouldn't be surprised if they still took more then one arrow.

I only needed 1 arrow for basically every enemy until ~15 minutes, then I started needing 2+ for the harder enemies. But my PP is far from maxed out currently(Still need to forma it twice) so it will become easier for me as I level it.

But I guess it has to do with enemy resists, and we just have to find out what enemies block what damage type.

I only needed 1 arrow for basically every enemy until ~15 minutes, then I started needing 2+ for the harder enemies. But my PP is far from maxed out currently(Still need to forma it twice) so it will become easier for me as I level it.

But I guess it has to do with enemy resists, and we just have to find out what enemies block what damage type.

I know I've been working to hard on that haha! I'll try running some TII's tomorrow, and take some numbers and such, try out various set-ups, then make a post, or use this one. Feel free to add me if ya want, I have some more avid Paris friends, we use it way to much haha!

I know I've been working to hard on that haha! I'll try running some TII's tomorrow, and take some numbers and such, try out various set-ups, then make a post, or use this one. Feel free to add me if ya want, I have some more avid Paris friends, we use it way to much haha!

I love Bows :) So I am so happy it is in this game and in such an awesome way. 

Fun fact: Even on jupiter corpus can(will) invade on infestation defense missions. Was fun watching enemies fight enemies :D

Never knew it could happen during defense missions, especially not on jupiter. Only saw that happening on other planets with extermination...

jrInKUZ.jpg?1

And you can add me instead, since I have to run to school now :P

Edited by BrainInvader

DE messed up a little on the snipers.

Rifle bullet snipers should have puncture, slash no impact while bows should have puncture, impact and no slash.

The former damage (150 Paris Prime and 175 Vectis) should have been split in 2 between the parts mentioned upper.

Edited by nekrojiji

Hello Tenno.  Now, before you call me out for raging.  Go grind for a Paris Prime, then try and kill something with it.  Like a void Grineer.

I just got my Paris Prime two days before U11.  I was VERY excited about this.  I threw a catalyst on that, and ranked it up to 20 in those two days.  I have been busy, so I just started playing around with the new damage system, so I did a little research, found out that a Paris with over 150 puncture, and a Magnetic mod combination with a decent proc, and some nice numbers, could not kill a level 20 enemy in void missions.  No matter if I got a headshot on the Grineer or not, they just would not die.

Now, I do understand that it needed a nerf, it was rather OP, but this is just insanity!  A friend of mine with the Vectis (still OP) was body shot-ting, and insta-killing corrupt heavy-gunners, whilst my Paris P took eleven headshots to kill one.  Also, why won't it kill the corrupt Grineer in one shot?  They have zero shields, but lots of armor, so, lots of puncture should be good.

I am totally fine with a small nerf or some such, but making a Prime weapon useless in the missions that give it to you is rather absurd.  I wouldn't work for it now, it looks nice and all, but on anything but regular Grineer, it's a piece of $***.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7914196736/h39C8589D/

Just some small notes:

* Level 20 is now higher level (I'd say, the equivalent to the previous level 50)

* I have tested and confirmed an old suspicion of mine: Corrupted Grineer are ACTUALLY Corrupted Corpus units. They (in the old system) were very weak to lightning and are wielding Deras. They just LOOK like Grineer. Vice Versa for the Corrupted Corpus (They were resistant to lightning, weak to AP, and wields the Strun,, all traits of a Grineer, but LOOKS like a Corpus). Yeah DE messed up a LOT with these units...

Just wanted to point that out! :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed supposedly the new level 40 is just over level 100 in damage 1.0

Also

If you think the paris is bad now please try the gorgon. There are quite a few weapons now that were decent in previous versions that feel quite a bit less powerful in the damage 2.0 system