Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...the Lecta

grndragon

i was very excited to see and use a whip in the game and finally managed to try it out this morning. and it feels...a bit underwhelming?

be wary though, that this is only my first impressions against exterminate on venus.

i brought it along to venus because hey, its the lowest level corpus planet and its an electrical weapon. though, to be honest i never was more dissapointed with a weapon before. overall, tl;dr, its damage is inconsistant, its range and hit detection wonky, and overall it just does very little damage.

a bit more detailed:

i often found its damage to be very inconsistant during the use. hitting the corpus for 7-70 damage in the shields alone. that is a big problem, because, speaking of which, taking down shields take a lot of time with the vecta. so in order for this weapon to even work against corpus, you'd need to put on some ice damage pronto in order to get magnetic damage.

this still, however, does not change the fact that even against the weakest corpus enemies in the game, this weapon suffers. when shield ospreys came in, i just gave up and used my synapse to kill the ospreys; again because of the shields. without them, the corpus are a two hit kill, though all corpus have big shields regardless.

when it comes to hitting ith the weapon, the physical range seems less than the visual one, and using it looks and feels awkward since you end up swinging it wildly towards an enemy hoping that it will hit.

this weapon looks like it can be so much fun, but right now it just feels weak and underwhelming, at least to me. did anyone else find a good way to make it a beast?

Edited by grndragon

Weapons that escape the rock-paper-scissors trap of physical damage seem to be able to be modded up to be reasonably effective against most things, could just be that melee is still kind of crap or its doing some hidden physical that isn't listed. Try it on some different target types and see what happens?

maybe. i might play more with it later today. but again i used it against corpus because they are the only ones that take more damage from electricity. i guess it could be modded to be better, but i excpect an unleveled weapon to be able to handle itself in lower level missions, especially when its a pure electricity weapon like the lecta against the weakest corpus in the game