Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kahl murex mission - password for cache requires CLEAR COUNTS for each part of map

Marvelous_A

The murex map is divided into 2 separate parts that don't allow backtracking once you complete 50%. Also unlike the other 2 maps the password doesn't follow a clear spawn pattern (which they ALWAYS spawn in camera, instead they just randomly spawn somewhere in the map). There is also no pattern of the passwords spawning in each part of the map, it could be 1-3, 2-2, 3-1, and it's real trouble when you find just 1 password in the first part of the map and have to decide whether you should backtrack the whole map again or to proceed with a chance of missing a certain password and locking yourself from opening the cache (and have to do the whole mission again, it's time-gated which also doesn't help here). For some reason, the password progress will not accumulate every run unlike genestamps so an unsuccessful run doesn't help your next run in any way. 

So really players could use a counter that shows clearly how many passwords players are expected to find in each part of the map. 

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with this feedback. I just ran this week's mission 3 times and could not find all the passwords even after scouring the map twice (the one time I was doing the speedrun objective, so I didn't have time to search every nook and cranny for the stupid debris). Normally I would be okay with hunting for hidden things like the floof, genestamps, or k drive parts, but this password thing is the worst one yet. Getting 3 out of 4 and being on the second area with no way to backtrack is terrible design and forces players to play yet another round of this mind numbing mission. 

I like Kahl and his missions, but running the mission a third time to find all the passwords just to not find them is absolutely rage-inducing.

Archived