The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 7 Test

khimera

Question

So I noticed that I get maybe 45 seconds for this test just to start and the grineer like to hide... A LOT. I don't have enough time to regenerate the energy for an AOE with my Volt or my Saryn so I'm pretty dang screwed. I've run around flicking my camera about hoping to catch one in my sights and gun it down with my Braton Vandal. I always get to at least 5 enemies remaining before I'm timed out which really...really bugs me.

Anyone able to help me with this? Please don't recommend I change to a different 'frame, I can do that any time and I have yet to test my Nova in this either.

While this bit should be in feedback: I feel that for Rank 7 the enemies should not be hiding every two seconds after they fire at you, since they're the same color as the pillars it makes it hard to even aim at them.

PS: I am bearing in mind I'm playing on a laptop, but that should not have any sort of bearing on my ability to complete the test. If it does, then there definitely needs to be a change in the test itself since it should be possible for anyone regardless of laptop, desktop, or console to complete all mastery rank tests.

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

7... is that the stealth stab one or one of the several

'kill all the targets that spawn far apart within time limit' ones

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

If you're using melee make sure to put max reach mod. Use naramon for stacks on your melee counter. 

Use volt 2 to move faster. Speed equals more hits and more time.

Go to a relay, cephalon simaris and go along the right side wall and enter #7 and practice instead of running it for real. Then do it when you're ready 

I'm guessing both of you can't be bothered to read the date of this thread? Crappy necromancers, both of you.

Well I did it with a Vauban w/ a Paris Prime (And a Brakk here and there)

Teslas! Teslas everywhere!

I just ran around really. Don't depend on your abilities and don't be afraid to leave the circular area marked by the pillars. You are given a bit of leeway to circle around them. Just don't go too far!

-I never thought bout this test being complicated or not. Vauban is my frame of choice, so I always use him for rank ups, minus 8 & 9 tests, I use loki.

But yea, I layed out tesla everywhere and ran around with dem dual gremlins =D

If you have Djinn, I think he has a mob suction skill? Idk.

Volt, use speed to run around faster to find everyone in time. Dnt worry bout his other skills.

Ash can tele to ppl and I now wonder if his ult will auto complete the test for u, lol

I don't have a vauban, but next time I can take the test (wish I could pay plat to get another chance today) I'll try with my Nova and my Djinn giving it my Dethcube's rifle since Toxic isn't great against Grineer. Why Nova? Her little orbiting friends of dooooom...of which I get like...twelve of them. Thanks for the suggestions though, and I did run around perhaps a bit too far the last two times trying to chase enemies behind the pillars.

Thank you for the suggestions so far but I could always use more. I was chasing grineer behind pillars the last two times so let's hope number three works out better.

Edited by khimera

-Well try not to chase too much. Stay in the middle, they will come at you. The range guys, you can see where they hitting u from and how many easily in the center.

Your sent will help too. I meant chase as in close in on the range guys that shoot and hide. Not blindly running round the pillars and stuff. So yea I can see how you lost time.

Stick to the center. Use a good ranked up Redirection mod and a tanky frame, Rhino with ironskin can dance there and take out everyone shooting at him.

Since its a mast test, take vitality mod too. Esp if you use Nova.

With Nova matter orbs skill you might get away with running around, idk but I recommemd staying the center n chasing down the range, then back to center, the melee guys come to you.