Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unbalanced Element Builds?

Toom1275

New damage is new, so I'm not completely sure of this, but it seems that elemental builds that try to use one of the four primary elements, rather than the new secondary elements, are at a damage-output disadvantage.

If I wanted to put electric on my Braton Prime, the best I can do is a max Stormbringer for +22.5 electric damage

Adding a Hellfire for Radiation damage, I get 45.0 damage.

The secondary elements are innately more damaging than the primary elements, because they need two mods to get, which stack their damages together.

I recommend buffing all the elemental mods to give a better bonus at the start, but AVERAGE the damage bonuses of elements being combined, to make all elements a little more even. Like Fire = +40 damage, electric = +40 damage, fire + electric = 40+40/2 = +40 damage. The effectiveness of the different elements and their procs would remain the same, just the damage would be evened out.

edit:

I posted this a bit too quickly. I forgot about that secondary elements use twice the mod capacity to put on a weapon. Disregard post, unless you can think of some middleground that balances single elements better than what I came up with.

Edited by Toom1275

You will then be adding 2 mods to get the same damage, only changing the proc, how is that a balance?

You get more damage if you add in more damage, thats why combined elements give more damage, but the procs are different, thats why its all about thinkin out your build.

Hmm... maybe release the restriction of 1-mod-per-weapon ONLY on the four base elements (up to 2 at a time), so that we can upgrade the base elements to the same level as the advanced elements, while still having it cost an equivalent amount of mod points to bring it up to the same level. This could also allow for putting on advanced elements that share one base element type, like being able to do Blast+Radiation, etc.