Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The New War and Angels of Zariman Spoilers !) Issues starting The Steel Path before The New War

Salamore0

A friend of mine has been trucking towards The Steel Path.
He has completed all star-chart nodes other than the Zariman ones. The Wiki page for The Steel Path says that the Zariman nodes must be completed before the Steel Path can be started. The Wiki then says after completing it, Teshin will invite you to the Steel Path, and that you must go and speak with him about it.

For those who have completed The New War:

Spoiler

How we going to talk to someone who isn't there?

DE, would it be possible for you to make it so that players can access The Steel Path before completing The New War? Things being as they are, it not only doesn't make sense, but it's sad that these players can't make Teshin proud and get attached to him before watching him get dropped by Erra. 

I could be completely wrong! If I am, please correct me so I can get this information to my friend.

-Sincerely, a confused Tenno

Yes of course, but that's not really him being there though. Mechanically, it's completely functional. Logically, it's been utterly broken by what might be some oversights.

We're supposed to train under Uncle Teshin's guidance, make him proud, become the best warriors we can become, and be rewarded and honored by him.

...but with the addition of The Zariman nodes, which require The New War, and The Steel Path requiring The Zariman nodes....things don't work out that way any more. Now, you complete the Zariman content, and then go back to talk to nothing...challenged by nothing, and watched by nothing as you grow. It's different than it used to be in a very illogical way, and it saddens me to see my friend receiving what seems to be a broken story.

I was actually tempted to report this as a bug, because I can entirely see this sequence of events being an oversight on development side. "Add some new nodes." and then the automated "Requires all nodes" for a story beat not being considered. Ultimately though, I avoided calling it a bug, for fear of being seen as snarky.

A friend had an idea by which this could be easily repaired without removing Zariman nodes from the steel path prerequisites. Changing Teshin's introduction to the steel path to this:

"Tenno... I had meant to train you further before the war, but circumstances appear to have transpired against this. If I failed to set you on the path and met my fate, I leave this recording and my specter to guide you. Master yourself. Master the Steel Path."

Would be a pretty nice touch, and it could work with a prerequisite change as well. If a player does not start the steel path until after The New War, then they get that voice line.

Archived