The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Toxic lash bugged when proccing over 200% crit chance and playing as client

ApiaEXE

It seems that the Hata-Satya mod is bugged, potentially only when playing as a client and after using toxic lash on Saryn. It doesn't seem to have the same issues when acting as host, in Simulacrum for example, or when I am playing without the use of toxic lash. On soma prime with point strike and max stacks of Hata-Satya I should have a 225% crit chance, which comes out to all orange crits with a 25% chance for a red.  Instead, at max stacks with those mods, when playing as the client and using toxic lash I'm hitting exclusively yellow crits. I've double checked that it's not my build, or riven, and that this *only* occurs when I am not the host. If I am the host, in either solo or group play, then the mod seems to work as intended. I've double checked by having a team mate play host and play harrow, which should push my crit chance solidly over 300%, resulting in only red crits. Instead I'm still only hitting yellows. I have tested in SP and normal play and it persists. I have tested with only point strike, galvanized chamber, vigilante armaments, and hata-satya and the bug persists. I will supply any additional info as needed.

My theory is that when the toxic lash+xata's whispers bug was fixed, it broke the use of ONLY toxic lash OR Xata's whispers, though I do not have Xaku subsumed to check if it works as intended if both are used.

Edited by ApiaEXE
Revised title to accurately reflect updated bug testing.
  • Like 3

After further testing my initial hypothesis was a little off. I confirmed that when using the mod setup listed above and playing as client vs host, that the issue persists when using toxic lash on client, but not when using Xata's whispers on client. However if both are used, the issue persists and only yellow crits will proc. It seems that as long as Toxic lash is active, this bug persists. I double checked it's not an issue with my hardware and or client by having a friend reproduce the bug as well, with the same results that I had last night.

After more testing, I think Toxic lash is just entirely bugged when it comes to proccing orange+ crits. I thought the issue was with Hata Satya, but when removing the mod so that the only thing on my Soma prime is point strike, and having a harrow host to buff crit, I'll hit exclusively red/orange crits on a headshot consistently in Simulacrum, but when toxic lash is applied I'm once again only hitting yellow crits. I retested with Stradavar prime with only point strike equipped while having a harrow host. When harrow is buffing without toxic lash I'll hit only orange/red crits, but as soon as toxic lash is applied i'm hitting only yellows/oranges, both using headshots. This also seems to be the case for melee as well, as I tried with both the Broken War, and Redeemer Prime, and was consistently hitting oranges/reds until using toxic lash in which case it would drop back down to yellows/occasional orange.

To summarize, this issue is only reproducible when playing as a client, using saryn's toxic lash and hitting for above 200% crit chance. Regardless of weapon, it is making it much more difficult/impossible to hit the correct crit tier while the buff is active. This bug is not exclusive to my account as I have had a friend reproduce it on their hardware as well, with the same results.

Edited by ApiaEXE
Fixed a small typo about the type of hits granted by Toxic Lash, added clarification that this is occuring on multiple accounts
  • Like 1

All testing was done to minimize any outside variables in Simulacrum against a corrupted heavy gunner. However the bug is definitely occurring on other tile sets and against other enemies as well. It is consistent to proc. Testing used Harrow to minimize variables from possible mod interactions, but it's occurring without the use of Harrow as well. Three weapons, one of each type, were used but it's occuring on all weapons. The bug is not visual as damage numbers are consistently lower while toxic lash is employed. If any additional evidence/testing is needed please let me know.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

You’re not alone. Was playing Dual Ichor with Saryn and since the new melee HUDs came it made it easier to see. My Dual Ichor with a Riven and max combo with Blood Rush should give me 211% crit chance, meaning only orange crits (and 11% red crits). All is normal without the use of abilities. But when using Toxic Lash, or Toxic Lash with Xata, it gives me no crits, yellow crits, and orange crits all at once. Super weird. Idk if it’s visual? Happens when I’m playing client too

Edited by Herobrineez
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's definitely not visual and AFAIK it's still an issue. It would be really great if we could get feedback if it's even on DE's radar, but I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling to make crit builds work on Saryn cause of this bug.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool to at least get told that it's on their radar. I understand bug fixing takes a lot of effort and is never as simple as players seem to think it'll be, especially if there are issues in replicating the bug where it can be hard to even prove that the bug exists in the first place. But when there's video evidence, is 100% repeatable, and effects the way an entire ability functions it's pretty disheartening to not even know after 5 months if they *know* it's a bug, let alone if there's been any effort to fix it. I'd just really like to run a silly little Soma Hata Satya build on Saryn :[

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another bump, ran into it recently when i tried using saryn as a gun buffer with a burston incarnon that has ~260% crit chance in alt fire. Was hitting red crits just fine even with the spores augment but the moment i turned on toxic lash it becomes a sea of yellow and orange. 

Edit: this only happens when im the client and not the host as well. Simulacrum and solo showed red crits just fine 

Edited by arturia2
more info

Can confirm I just had this happen too, my build for praedos at x12 combo has 200%+ for constant orange crits. As soon as I activate toxic lash, they turn to yellow crits and do significantly less damage (about x5 less or so per hit). I'm not sure why or how, but something in this ability is changing the crit chance modifier of the weapon when it should not be. It sucks because this ability is so integral to her kit to spread spores, but it reducing DPS significantly on crit builds makes me want to avoid it.

I'm both glad and disappointed to see I'm not the only one who's run into this bug. I'd love to know if they even know it exists, let alone if it's on their radar to fix. It's been around 8 months and I still can't play the silly little build I set out to play. I know that client side bugs are more common but this does shut down an entire build style for Saryn. It's pretty debilitating.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, this is still an issue in 2024.

And, as an aside, they have also "patched" Hata Satya (without putting any info in the patch notes) so that it no longer works with Protea's 4. So it seems like my dream of using Hata Satya is well and truly dead until they bother to fix Saryn.