Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 New Pc Joiners Need Help

(PSN)Whitewinged7

Question

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to stop by and read possible offer some advice.

Ive been raving to my friends how good this game is and told them to get over here and play. None ordered the ps4 so we will all be playing PC.

Now I have experimented with pc for a couple of hours and would like some advice.

Some background

Me- I want to be the tanky big gunner so Ill be using excalibur until Rhino please recommend rifles I know I want Kokage maybe the hammer or axe and i need some sidearm recomendations (crossbow looks awsome)

Friend- Loves stealth loves guns with bullets and hates lazers or any alien stuff please offer some advice for guns that wont turn him off and stick to stealthy things he also loves sniping but will most likely hate the scopes they implemented

Also any tips or advice for pc since well be getting straight into DMG 2.0 would be great thanks for reading!

7 answers to this question

It's difficult to be stealthy right at the start of the game before certain weapons (Paris, Kunai) are available to you, but Loki is a good choice since he can cloak himself. The Shade sentinel will also cloak you if there are enemies nearby.

As regards weapons, you should get yourself a Braton as soon as you have enough credits - you can straight-up buy it from the market and it's a direct upgrade over the MK1 Braton that you start with. Similarly, the Lex pistol and Strun shotgun can be bought with regular credits and do excellent damage for the early game.

In terms of Mods, Redirection is your best friend forever. Make sure you get one before you proceed beyond Mercury - when I'm levelling brand new gear there I usually have one drop every other mission or so.

Edit

More on sidearms;

My personal favorite sidearm (other than the Lato Vandal, which isn't available anymore) is Akbolto, but they are quite difficult to craft since they require Neurodes, which drop very rarely. Kunai is as effective, perhaps moreso, and far easier to build, as they only require common/uncommon materials - they are full auto, reload almost instantly and completely ignore armor in Damage 1.0.

Edited by UnearthedArcana

Hi there.

First peice of advice: Make sure you know how exactly DMG2.0 affects weapons in the game. Read these threads to clarify all your doubts.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explainedsolved-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134263-damage-20-i-get-it-nowunderwhelming-fully-explained/

Second. If you are looking for a tank, get Rhino, Frost or Saryn. Valkyr might be considered a pseudo tank but she is currently too squishy to be considered a tank. For your friend, I'd suggest Loki or Ash. Loki requires a lot of skill since none of his abilities deal any damage. Ash has a lot more defense than Loki, but I personally am a Loki user, since I like his utility more than Ash's offence. 

Third. Weapons. For melee weapons, I'd suggest using the Galatine for Infested and Grineer and the Fragor for Corpus. For secondaries, I'd reccomend the Kunai, Vasto or Despair. For primaries, I'd suggest the Soma, or the Sobek. Now for your friend, since he likes to play stealth, he should try to get a Paris initially, and then upgrade to a Paris Prime. For secondaries, he should try the Kunai or Despair, or any secondary weapon with the Hush mod equipped. For melee weapons, the Glaive or the Dual Zorens are a good choice.

Hope this helps!

Edited by bejuizb

Hi there.

First peice of advice: Make sure you know how exactly DMG2.0 affects weapons in the game. Read these threads to clarify all your doubts.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explainedsolved-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134263-damage-20-i-get-it-nowunderwhelming-fully-explained/

Second. If you are looking for a tank, get Rhino, Frost or Saryn. Valkyr might be considered a pseudo tank but she is currently too squishy to be considered a tank. For your friend, I'd suggest Loki or Ash. Loki requires a lot of skill since none of his abilities deal any damage. Ash has a lot more defense than Loki, but I personally am a Loki user, since I like his utility more than Ash's offence. 

Thirs. Weapons. For melee weapons, I'd suggest using the Galatine for Infested and Grineer and the Fragor for Corpus. For secondaries, I'd reccomend the Kunai, Vasto or Despair. For primaries, I'd suggest the Soma, or the Sobek. Now for your friend, since he likes to play stealth, he should try to get a Paris initially, and then upgrade to a Paris Prime. For secondaries, he should try the Kunai or Despair, or any secondary weapon with the Hush mod equipped. For melee weapons, the Glaive or the Dual Zorens are a good choice.

Hope this helps!

That helps immensely I will write it down for him. Im not sure he will go for the arrows probably the shuriken and kunai but arrows when he has the option for snipers lol I doubt it but your right you cant beat the stealth.

How exactly does one stealth with a sniper or is there no such thing in this game?

Thanks for the tips thus far guys big help hope he sticks to the game like I have so far

If you are very far away from the enemy, even a loud weapon will not alert them, however it is not often you will find yourself in a room large enough for this to be the case.

Weapons like Kunai, Hikou, Despair and Paris are completely silent, though, so if you're crouched you can kill enemies without being detected as long as they aren't looking at you.

Latron is definitely effective for mid-to-long range combat, as it is pinpoint accurate and extremely ammo-efficient, as well as being pretty quiet. It does require five Morphics to build, but these can easily be obtained by fighting Captain Vor a few times.

There are lots of weapons I could talk about, but since you've more or less started fresh, there's a lot of weapons that you can't use yet due to your Mastery Rank.

Edited by UnearthedArcana

Reserve your starting platinum for INVENTORY SPACE ONLY. Trust me. You can thank me later.

This is good advice, too. If you're planning on crafting a lot of stuff you'll need slots, which are only available with platinum, although if you buy something from the market with platinum, like a frame or a weapon, it gets a free slot and a Catalyst/Reactor, which doubles its mod points.

Your 50 starting plat is definitely best spent on either some frame and weapon slots, or a catalyst and a reactor.