The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Installing the Incarnon Genesis on Miter disables punch through on the normal mode

Prof_Blocks_007

I've recorded a quick video to demo the missing punch through (Condemn is unrelated, I just use it to lock enemies in place).

Punch through (both innate and added by mods) does not work on the Miter with an Incarnon Genesis installed, both on the charged and uncharged shots. It does appear to work after the sawblade bounces, which I tried to demo in the vid, but it can be tricky to line up.

This happens both with and without the "Increased area of effect" evolution IV (which adds a 1400 Blast damage explosion to each hit/bounce).

I asked @rainy to check a non-Genesis upgraded Miter, and the punch through still worked there. It's possible that due to the Incarnon form having a Radial attack, that PT ended up disabled for the primary fire also (as PT was disabled on a whole lot of AoE weapons a while back). Weirdly though, I was still able to shoot through some of the terrain in the Sim, just not enemies.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so an update:

I watched TheKengineer's video on the Incarnon Miter, and during the bugs section towards the end of the video, he said that Miter's punch through both does and does not work, seemingly at random.

I tried testing it again, looking at things side-on using Captura's detached camera, and noticed that the sawblades were breaking a fair distance from the enemy they hit, possibly pointing towards some kind of hitbox issue?

When I tested it again in the Simulacrum, I found that punch through does work at certain distances, going through one enemy and breaking on hitting the next. Moving closer to or further away from the target causes the punch through to stop working again, until you enter another sweet spot.

I've recorded another demo vid, using Lavos (to eliminate Slash DoT via status duration, with a 13% duration build), and Eximus (overguard for stagger immunity)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

is it fine to semi-necro this? the bug is still prevelant and you did alot more than I could to explain...so I feel bumping you is better than me just making a new post on this subject 7 months later.

just came back and its a shame one of my favorite builds is basically gutted cuz i decided to incarnon one of my favorite weapons (navigator miter) but ya. sometimes it breaks on first sometimes on 3rd like you said...and I feel losing that punch DEF hurts the charm of HAVING a sawblade shooting gun shredder

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...