Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Is Useless

NinjaTyr

Flinching after EVERY hit makes melee useless becuase you cant attack, and I mean come on we are suposed to be powerful beings but after every hit when act like we were hit by a car.

Flinching should only happen after strong attacks not every attack.

You should only charge attack before you even get close.

I cant even use normal melee attacks when more then two things are attacking me.

Shouldnt melee weapons be best used when you are swarmed? Currently using your gun is better then melee in melee.

Flinching after EVERY hit makes melee useless becuase you cant attack, and I mean come on we are suposed to be powerful beings but after every hit when act like we were hit by a car.

Have you tried a stealth class, like Loki or Ash?

I cant even use normal melee attacks when more then two things are attacking me.

Shouldnt melee weapons be best used when you are swarmed? Currently using your gun is better then melee in melee.

That does make sense, especially since Infested are quite annoying.

I remember when I had the Cronus and I was always getting stunned.

Learn attack patterns. Learn melee-charge pattern. Learn movement. Pick the right weapon. Pick the right warframe. Pick the right mods.

and then....

Stagger is no problem. Stun is no problem. Hitting charge attacks is no problem. Doing huge melee damage is no problem.

but...

sometimes it's easier to say: Melee is useless.

Great Thread -.-

Dude, what? Use Scindo, Fragor, Gram if you don't want to be staggered. Or use charged attack on the move. Or slidestrike. Or groundslam and kill everyone while they are on the floor. Or stagger enemy with one light attack and then follow up with a charged one. Or ninja-kick an enemy in the face and kill him while he's on the floor.

You're a goddam space ninja, use your mobility! Don't just stand in the middle of an enemy crowd whining about stunlock, you're not supposed to allow yourself to be stunlocked in the first place!

To quote my good friend, JRMC

tumblr_m8bo016SgV1ql73fq.gif

Some Frames make meleeing easier than others. Use Frames with good CC(eg Radial Blind, Chaos, Snow Globe) or anti-stagger buffs (eg Iron Skin, Link, Invisibility). Mostly WF that aren't Mag, Volt or Ember.

Ember's AoE dot and damage reduction are pretty great for doing melee. Press that number 2, and be impressed.

Running a Gram I've rarely gotten stunned out of my swings. As long as I'm swinging, I don't seem to be stopped.

My Gram with ~150% charge speed and ~120% damage would disagree with your OP.

Heavy weapons have a higher "resistance" to staggering while swinging. This is why they are ideal to deal with infested.

Too bad the Amphis isn't a heavy weapon, because it rocks for everything BUT kicking infested &#!.

It's either that, or because i was using a Rank 14 Amphis with even lower white mods against rank 28 infected.....

Too bad the Amphis isn't a heavy weapon, because it rocks for everything BUT kicking infested &#!.

That was my first impression as well. It's hard to appreciate weapons that are only effective against some of the enemy factions, not all of them (like the scindo or gram).

I haven't had a problem with being stunned with it through, at least when spamming the normal attack. If you stand in front of your target charging your attack like a doofus, then you're asking for a rifle butt to the face.

Learn attack patterns. Learn melee-charge pattern. Learn movement. Pick the right weapon. Pick the right warframe. Pick the right mods.

and then....

Stagger is no problem. Stun is no problem. Hitting charge attacks is no problem. Doing huge melee damage is no problem.

but...

sometimes it's easier to say: Melee is useless.

Great Thread -.-

Dude, what? Use Scindo, Fragor, Gram if you don't want to be staggered. Or use charged attack on the move. Or slidestrike. Or groundslam and kill everyone while they are on the floor. Or stagger enemy with one light attack and then follow up with a charged one. Or ninja-kick an enemy in the face and kill him while he's on the floor.

You're a goddam space ninja, use your mobility! Don't just stand in the middle of an enemy crowd whining about stunlock, you're not supposed to allow yourself to be stunlocked in the first place!

To quote my good friend, JRMC

tumblr_m8bo016SgV1ql73fq.gif

tumblr_lp9slg1mrZ1qhtrm8.gif

My Gram with ~150% charge speed and ~120% damage would disagree with your OP.

Stop sucking the devs @#&$. Seriously why is it everytime some one makes a thread mostly the same people post saying that nothing is wrong with the game and that the game is absolutely perfect in every way?

Edited by NinjaTyr

Stop sucking the devs @#&$. Seriously why is it everytime some one makes a thread mostly the same people post saying that nothing is wrong with the game and that the game is absolutely perfect in every way?

Oh, I'm so sorry. Did I offend you by proposing ways to solve the problem you are having?

Oh, I'm so sorry. Did I offend you by proposing ways to solve the problem you are having?

Suggesting I use a differant weapon isnt helping, basicaly your saying everyone should play the same way instead of the devs fixing the game. There is a lot of people on the forums who dont want anything to change.

Suggesting I use a differant weapon isnt helping

Or use charged attack on the move. Or slidestrike. Or groundslam and kill everyone while they are on the floor. Or stagger enemy with one light attack and then follow up with a charged one. Or ninja-kick an enemy in the face and kill him while he's on the floor.

Add more fire rate to your melee weapon so you swing faster so you cant be interrupted as easily. I sometimes play my rhino pure melee and most days I dont even need to turn on iron skin unless a big guy comes out (stupid toxic ancients) Usually I just wade into the enemies and melee my way through. Also consider some mods that are S U P E R effective against the enemy type you are fighting against. Fire is generally great against everything. Electric against corpus. Fire mod + hit = trigger enemy burning animation = more time for you to hit some more.

Basically

a) add mods to swing faster/trigger enemy animations

b) get faster weapons/dont charge attacks/get HEAVIER weapon.