Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enforced low level quests are utterly boring

Gulftown

Returning player here. If I understood correctly, to play content deemed 'challenging' with my friends, I need to complete about a dozen quests with a dozen steps that are just endless running around hacking low level NPCs that offer no challenge whatsoever.

Is there genuinely no way to skip these? Feels like an absolute waste of time. Why don't the NPC levels at least scale up? I'm about halfway through Rising Tide and I've never been so utterly bored in a game as now. 

1 hour ago, Gulftown said:

Returning player here. If I understood correctly, to play content deemed 'challenging' with my friends, I need to complete about a dozen quests with a dozen steps that are just endless running around hacking low level NPCs that offer no challenge whatsoever.

Is there genuinely no way to skip these? Feels like an absolute waste of time. Why don't the NPC levels at least scale up? I'm about halfway through Rising Tide and I've never been so utterly bored in a game as now. 

Because youre supposed to beat the quests kinda automatically. Its for the story, not for the challenge.

If you don't care about possible spoilers i just followed this list:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Quest#Quest_Progression

I was lucky enough to have a friend give me a mech, being locked by MR was what really held me back. I was able to get through the new war quest with an unleveled mech and railjack, no mods nothing. I only had wisp, my friend had a 75% off got for me and that was who i wanted, octavia and volt - the regular hek and ohma.

However I will say this, clearing the story is pretty quick just know that you don't have to kill everything unless it says. The long part is clearing the star chart there is so many survivals, mobile defenses, interceptions and defenses that offer essentially no rewards, that is the truly long part. Almost no one does the defense maps and if you don't have a good frame they can take 10 minutes~. The jupiter style map is the worst offender since the enemies don't seem to really care about the objective and will just take cover.

Other than my headaches clearing the starchart i would recommend that you enjoy the story because once you're done you no longer get to play Warframe - It becomes Grindframe.

18 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

With the exception of perhaps Grendel, quests aren't designed to be challenging. You're better off doing Arbitration, Steel Path, and Archon Hunts for that.

All of those are locked behind quests AFAIK? That's the primary reason I'm running these.

18 hours ago, Grommile said:

You can skip Rising Tide for 400 Platinum by buying a Railjack from the Market.

That probably wasn't the answer you wanted.

That'll work, thanks.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Nierou said:

If you don't care about possible spoilers i just followed this list:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Quest#Quest_Progression

The long part is clearing the star chart there is so many survivals, mobile defenses, interceptions and defenses that offer essentially no rewards, that is the truly long part. Almost no one does the defense maps and if you don't have a good frame they can take 10 minutes~. The jupiter style map is the worst offender since the enemies don't seem to really care about the objective and will just take cover.

Other than my headaches clearing the starchart i would recommend that you enjoy the story because once you're done you no longer get to play Warframe - It becomes Grindframe.

Thanks for the link, I've cleared the star chart half a decade ago which is why this re running without scaling feels obsolete.

Archived