Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are doors to the bossroom during Archon hunts locked?

Kaokasalis

For the love of all that is holy please stop doing locking stuff behind doors.

I did the Nira archon hunt today with a squad in the gas city tileset and experienced two occasions of being locked out right after each mission. First we had an AFK host, I was building up damage stacks for my Felarx when the host suddenly disconnected. The host migration went fine but when it finished loading the mission we were only three people and the room I was outside was apparently still in the waiting zone so it started the boss fight. Issue is just that there was a door... I had no way to get through the door, no lockdown panels or anything, couldn't solve it with Liset air support either so we left the mission.

Second time which was right after the first locked door. We were in the second fight and things was going well enough when I suddenly fell right through the map. Not certain what caused it, might have landed on one of those horizontal vent doors that was in the second area but that is besides the point. I fell through the entirety of the void below and ended up back outside some distance away. Again I couldn't get in because there is no lockdown panel or any other way to get in. My squadmates managed to kill Nira but the fight got extended by 15 minutes or around there because I couldn't get in there to nuke her and because she kept healing with her stupid mechanics.

It was beyond infuriating not being able to get in there and help because of something as artificial as a blocking door mechanic that can't be solved. Please just stop locking the doors to the Archon boss room, its a beyond stupid design as it currently is. If its to keep the normal enemies out which I noticed were still spawning then couldn't the spawn of the normal enemies just be tweaked to be lower for the duration of the boss fight? If that's not possible then we could at least have some way of getting into the boss area that normal enemies cant access. Maybe a portal or something outside the connecting sections of the tileset in case stuff like this happens. Just give us some way to get in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived