Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe switches from AC to DC and runs on battery causing stuttering and is unplayable.

KC4Christ

I have a Nitro i9 rtx 3060 plugged in warframe says it's running on battery and unplayable stuttering. 34 gig download later and system reload reset etc same problem. cross system disabled played better on a Ryzen 5 LT with integrated graphics fine before cross platform. I don't have the data to keep doing this please fix this ASAP before another forced system reset. 5500hours+ goodbye.

This sounds like an issue specific to your system, which I believe is the Acer Nitro 5 (I think it's model number AN515-57 but you should be able to check your specific system). From a quick search this seems to be an uncommon issue but still happens, with some systems just not charging at all. I'd try making sure the power adapter is securely plugged in and try a different outlet around your house - it may not charge if you're playing a game at full load since it's only an 180w charger, but it should still say "plugged in" (you can also try to temporarily remove the battery while the system is off and then power it on and run directly on the power adapter, to see if that helps at all). Games have no control over what the OS and firmware is doing and detecting (i.e. plugged in or not), that's all system specific. There seems to be something called "Nitrosense" on this system that you could adjust, it looks like it's a program that can potentially throttle performance to save battery when it deems necessary.

If it's a new system you could also just have to contact a service center and have them diagnose it; it might be occurring when the system gets overloaded drawing too much power, which may be a fault with either the power adapter or some controller on the motherboard, or just some weirdly configured software or drivers. Without further testing or info, I'm not sure.

Thanks for that I just watched a you tube and the power cord needs to be horizontal so I used tape. It's not WF's fault I'm embarrassed as I thought it was due to cross platforming. But it's actually a common problem with Nitro's Acer has an instruction booklet which specifies this peculiarity.