Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Citrine Farming

(PSN)imstevil

Question

This is probably a silly question, but I'm having trouble finding the information because I'm not sure exactly what to search for...

I've decided to try and farm citrine, I've watched did videos on it and people say the blue prints are in the C rotation when doing the mirror defence mission. I then seen that is an AABC rotation. So am I correct in thinking that I just need to do 4 rounds (so leaving one round) and then quitting? So first round still give me something from rotation a, second the same, 3rd from b and then 4th is where I have the chance for blueprints

I've ran this 8 or 9 times like this so far and not received a single blue print. I know it's a matter of luck, but I wanted to make sure I have the right idea before wasting to much of my time. I'm way to slow at collecting crystals so really hoping I can Jag 1 or 2 of the blue prints to make it easier for me.

any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

one round is defending both crystals once each. gotta defend both crystals 4 times or a total of 8 back and forths. Each time you finish defending the blue crystal a new round will start and you'll get the continue or leave screen  after 3 times of that you can leave once the 4th shows up

4 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

one round is defending both crystals once each. gotta defend both crystals 4 times or a total of 8 back and forths. Each time you finish defending the blue crystal a new round will start and you'll get the continue or leave screen  after 3 times of that you can leave once the 4th shows up

Thanks for the helpful information!

Just wanted to confirm one thing I didn't really understand though. You said

"after 3 times of that you can leave once the 4th shows up"

Does that mean I do a full 3 rounds ( 3 reward screens popping up ) or 4 rounds? Just want to make sure I'm not doing too many rounds wasting time, going to take me 12+ hours to get it at the rate I'm currently going 😮‍💨

First Reward: A Rotation (Example: Corufell Blueprint)
Second Reward: A Rotation (Example: 400 Endo)
Third Reward: B Rotation (Example: Steflos Reciever)
Fourth Reward: C Rotation (Example: Citrine Chassis Blueprint)

Getting any piece you want really is just a matter of luck. I've almost gotten two of every reward in the Mirror Defence now and still haven't ever received the Steflos Barrel. I then later saw both the Citrine Systems and the Citrine Neuroptics in the same mission after around attempt 11 or 12, staying for eight rounds. Saw a second Citrine Systems before seeing the Blueprint. Then getting another Blueprint before I bit the bullet and brought the Chassis, only to get the Chassis a couple of attempts later in trying to get the Steflos Barrel. 

It essentially takes 21~ Minutes to complete a single rotation. Once C Rotation finishes, it rotates back to A Rotation. 

RNG can really bite at times. I know I was super lucky with Voruna, getting all her pieces AND weapons within ten attempts. I know people who been attempting to get Voruna longer than me who still haven't seen her pieces at all. So just keep going! You'll rack up enough crystals eventually to be able to buy Citrine. (And in my mind, Citrine is definitely a fantastic and fun frame and was worth it.)

1 hour ago, (PSN)imstevil said:

Does that mean I do a full 3 rounds ( 3 reward screens popping up ) or 4 rounds?

4 rounds.

At least you're doing the sane approach and just going for the frame, I want to get all arcanes maxed and that's another 18 hours of grind at least for me which I'm not looking forward to doing (already got the frame and weapons btw)