The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My ideal rework for Hydroid to make him scarier and most of all, cool to play

Drophys

While other frames can do a better job than him on farming, dps and mobility, his kit is dragging him behind, with a boring and stationary set of skills that doesnt fit the current style of the game, some changes need to be made to bring back the terror of the depths, ive been brainstorming some ideas for a cool kit for high mobility, damage and sustain lets begin!

Passive: Hydroid can control the ocean's depths, he have a area of influence around him (about base 25 meters around him that scales with range mods) where his other abilities can interact with eachother, crouch for a few seconds to submerge, crouch again to emerge, hydroid cannot be hit while underwater.
jYaleA5.jpeg
(Sorry for the poor editing skills)

1. Hydroid now have a pet shark called Èskar which swims on his are of influence, when a enemy nearby reach a health threshold Èskar lunges towards the enemy and eats him as a finisher move, causes enemies around it to disarm and fear.
If the enemy is bleeding Èskar moves 50% faster and does 70% more damage to the target.
Image result for dark fantasy art sharks | Shark art, Shark pictures, Shark
Ive thought on two ways to increase Èskar's damage 
a) Using hydroid's melee mods equipped like a stat stick.
OR.
b) Modding Èskar directly like Venari.

2. Hydroid morph his body shape into water, projectiles pass through him gaining 90% damage reduction and increasing his movement speed by 40%Human body shape of a running man filled with blue water on blue gradient  background - sport or fitness hydration, healthy lifestyle or wellness  concept ilustração do Stock | Adobe Stock
(Im fast and wet af boi!)

3. Ive fused tempest barrage and undertow into a single two staged ability.
Press to cast tempest barrage, the heavy rain will increase Hydroid's area of influence allowing enemies to fall into it causing undertow's current damage.
Press again to increase the pressure above to crush enemies underwater doing massive explosive damage based on the size of the area of influence and power strenght
(Èskar can damage the enemies underwater)
The Abyss - Lt. Coffey's Death GIF | Gfycat
(Scene from the movie "The Abyss")

4. The big one, Hydroids summons the kraken, thats it.
the kraken open its massive mouth eating any enemy nearby with a whirlpool around it so there's no escape, the kraken later spits resources
Mouth of the Kraken. The more I look at this thing the grosser it gets. |  Kraken, Pirates of the caribbean, Pirates
(The pirates of caribbean's kraken is the best one)

Will this bring the terror of the depths back to its former glory? Maybe, will this make Hydroid look cool? Absolutely!
I can't stop thinking about depth. | by Ethan Renoe | Medium

Liabilities are not affected by the modifications, except for their augment. I like the idea of his passive and swapping out the puddle for a water transformation, but I don't think they would make such extreme mods to a Warframe to the point that it just retains its appearance. Hydroid's issues are: ability charge 1 and 4, excessive energy drain and slow puddle, uselessness of his passive, ability 4 makes it hard to target enemies, Surge without his augment is too costly for mobility and his first skill doesn't add much to his kit.

Archived