Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zariman's Quick-Extraction

--TL--Gecko

When the host of a bounty quick-extracts in the lift, then in roughly 7 out of 10 cases it failures and you got not a single loot.
How to fix? yeah... im not a programmer, so I cant tell if there is a technical fix but there is a conceptional one: Disable the function for hosts.

"just do it solo" - I like playing in squads, so no. 
"be fast enough there" - Im trying but often there are faster hosts and they dont wait a single second - literally. entering the lift and right to the console... selfish imo

Well, its probably a known problem but nothing happens, so Im honored to cook that topic back up again.

I do alot of Zariman-Bounties, because I need a sh!tload of decorations for my Orbiter. Might be 2-3 mio. standing already I've spent into it and its only ~55% done (currently working on my operator-room). My current method is to copy-paste "Please avoid using Quick-Extraction as host because it might cause Migration-Failures and your squad get not a single loot then, thank you VERY much!", but that doesnt help often. Selfcentred trolls...

I guess their excuse is "its not my fault", so Im here to deeply ask the DE-Team (also sent a support-ticket with the request to send it to responsible person for such topics) to disable the quick-extraction for hosts.
That idea wasnt good at all right from the beginning... Its a well known fact that Warframe always had small and big problems with host-migrations.
Every hotfix after major-updates includes that, so just disable it for hosts please.
Everyone else can keep fast-extracting; no problem. Its good for the others but hosts? come on...

I just dont understand why you dont care for your older content? 
Tridolon-Counter bugged for years, Zariman's host-migration-failures holds for more than a year already...

If Soulframe hurts Warframe, then rather leave that project. 

I really don't have a problem with the solo-extract button in Zariman missions, in concept. But there really needs to be some reassurance that it won't cause the mission to bug out for the rest of the team. I understand that host migrations can go wrong under bad circumstances (host disconnects unexpectedly, etc.), but there's no reason why a proper extraction using a method that's available in-game should be causing issues for anyone else.

As for how to fix it? The host should stay connected to the squad until migration is complete in all possibile cases. In situations where the host is unreachable, fallback to a regular migration, here be dragons, etc., but in quite a lot of cases it should be possible to keep the host connected for a short time until the migration is actually confirmed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate your answer. Your solution to fix it sounds good to me.

Although; Did a Zariman-Bounty few seconds ago (Tier 3, because extermination and lohk - most efficient compared to Cascade or Flood on Tier 4 & 5), used Quick-Extraction to prevent that the host does it first and even then it bugged me out with the same message ("Connection to host in unreachable" or something like that - cant remember the exact wording due the frustration), which makes the actual problem with hosts quick extracting even worse and its even more ridicolous now... Why is a connection to any host required when I quick extract by MYSELF? o.O wtf? The only connection I need is the connection to the game, which is constantly there while playing, or am I wrong? Im not really into programming...

Im honestly not willing to play any Zariman-Bounty when 2-3 out of 10 games gets that quick-extraction bug. No standing for Decorations then anymore that consequence is more acceptable than wasting my time for literally nothing - not even playtime or exp gets counted. 

Maybe I should hang a sign on the gate like "Dont quickextract - DE didnt think this well through" but thats a point, where it gets truely ridicolous... lmao
I leave Zariman until I see some fixes in patchlogs for now. I doubt any Devs checks out my big messages here because Im bad at keeping points small but atleast I tried. ^_^