Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Implement a pity system to the Solaris United debt-bonds or raise it's probability.

Hello!

Currently, leveling Fortuna's Solaris United is... tedious and annoying, borderline nonsensical and beyond shelter debt-bond it's mostly RNG only.

For example, odds for medical bonds are 20% at first stage of third bounty, then it lowers to 12.5% in second and third, and then... zero? The others follow a similar logic.
I suggest that the follow up stages have a pity percentage should the prior bounties not drop it, even if it was from a previous mission, pretty much like the archon shards for tauforged.

Say you tried the third bounty and the first stage didn't drop the medical bond, the second stage would have an improved chance, for example 32.5%.
This would make leveling Solaris United feels both less min/max and make it more fun, incentivizing to go further; and more efficient by sparing the loading times and all that.

Not only that, few people know or care about the real odds and how they decrease, so unless you get lucky to find people that are aware of it or your friends are online you'll be solo for more efficiency, which defeats the purpose of an online game and makes it further tiresome.

Also, the trading prices for medical and advanced debt-bonds are silly, not paying that.

ps: remove rubedo from the reward pool, please.

53 minutes ago, BlackAce said:

AFAIK killing Profit Taker will always yield the top 3 debt bonds.

EDIT:
Yep. Profit Taker is the best source. Unless I missed something. From the wiki:

So, in order to most efficiently get the materials needed to rank up, you need.......to get max rank first so you can access the fight that drops them consistently.

2 hours ago, AlphaOmega_ResNovae said:

Also, the trading prices for medical and advanced debt-bonds are silly, not paying that.

You have a reasonable alternative and have chosen not to take it. This sounds like a you problem.

2 hours ago, emmyemi said:

So, in order to most efficiently get the materials needed to rank up, you need.......to get max rank first so you can access the fight that drops them consistently.

Pretty much. But you can also spent those debt bonds to purchase decoration items. I'd say PT debt bonds drops are intended for that purpose.

4 hours ago, Qriist said:

You have a reasonable alternative and have chosen not to take it. This sounds like a you problem.

It's not reasonable, for example medic bonds and it's over 3.6k cryotics for 10 bonds, AKA "hey farm cryotics and stop whining about farming debt bonds". Really? I don't see much improvement there. Feel free to accept a bad design choice and telling others to chug it down their throats too, it's a you problem.

5 hours ago, BlackAce said:

AFAIK killing Profit Taker will always yield the top 3 debt bonds.

EDIT:
Yep. Profit Taker is the best source. Unless I missed something. From the wiki:

Yes, you missed the part that you need max rank to do it anyway.
I didn't mention at my post, but I'm more into getting to lvl5 than just farming standing. And everyone was there at some point. Besides, there are other fun and varied ways to gain standing, like doing high level bounties to the end, mining, fishing, capturing animals, and of course PT isn't off the list when I can do it =/

1 hour ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

I mostly runned the bounties. Farming for frame, and the bonds came on their own.

True, but I only want the standing because of stuff that's gated behind lvl5, and frames BP should come much easier than the amount of debt bonds.

47 minutes ago, AlphaOmega_ResNovae said:

It's not reasonable, for example medic bonds and it's over 3.6k cryotics for 10 bonds, AKA "hey farm cryotics and stop whining about farming debt bonds". Really? I don't see much improvement there.

See, the thing is, you don't have to grind cryotic to gain cryotic. You just have to skew towards cryotic-rewarding levels in the pursuit of other goals. Crack relics, kill liches, do arbitrations, run Circuit - all these things can be excavation nodes to progress you towards other cool items that you can either level or sell for platinum.

Make medic bonds one of the last priorities you have and you'll knock it out before you know it.

Of course, you could always just do the appropriate Fortuna bounties.

47 minutes ago, AlphaOmega_ResNovae said:

Feel free to accept a bad design choice and telling others to chug it down their throats too, it's a you problem.

You got me. The grind is so bad I literally don't remember it being a problem. Yep, that's totally what happened. Mea culpa!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-07-31 at 1:29 PM, Brunkgylf said:

This entire debt-bond system is terrible. I suspect my friend quit playing due to this system and the Deimos grind.

Yeah. Deimos is less worst IMO because you can (or rather, are required to) make different stuff at least a bit to get different tokens, and the standing farm itself is, sadly mostly bounty oriented but not RNG since all bounties you get mother tokens, which you can exchange for grandmother tokens now and then for better standing.
By far the best one to level is Zariman, because there aren't many different resources and the plumes are easier to get, sometimes not requiring even the Zariman resources. As for their standing, a lvl4 bounty of extermination with a simple extra goal makes for a great farm.

But Solaris United? Glad it's over for me, but not for many others...

Archived