Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Weapon missing from inventory?

(PSN)Unstar

So let's get this out of the way first: it's possible that this was a bug, but also possible that I made a mistake.  In case this is a bug, I'm creating this bug report.

Yesterday I was unable to find my Amprex primary in my inventory; if I recall correctly it had 7 Forma in it, meaning I never would have intentionally sold it.  It's rare that I sell weapons, and the only time in recent memory that I have sold weapons was several weeks ago (I wish I could be more precise) when I decided that I should sell some of the normal versions of weapons I have Primes for, since the non-Primes wouldn't appear in the randomized Duviri line-up, and I wanted to make room for more weapons that would be.  I remember being very methodical with this process, because I was worried that I might make a mistake and accidentally sell a weapon I wanted to keep.  After selecting the items to sell and before confirming the sale, I remember double-checking the list of items that were about to be sold to make sure they were correct.  Though even taking those precautions, it's possible I managed to make a mistake.

When I discovered that my Amprex was gone, I considered that I might have accidentally sold it instead of the normal version of a Prime weapon if I had confused its name.  If that was the case, I figured that there would still be a normal, non-Prime weapon in my inventory alongside a corresponding Prime weapon, since I would have sold the Amprex instead of the intended weapon.  I've since done two full sweeps of my weapons (one yesterday and one today) to see if I could find evidence that I made this flavor of mistake, but from what I saw it doesn't seem like that specific mistake occurred.

So I'm genuinely split.  I remember exercising caution, which makes me think I didn't make a mistake and that this could be some kind of rare bug.  But I also know that I'm human and it's possible that even with the precautions I took, it's possible that I made a mistake.  Hence, I'm making this bug report.

Tangentially, I wanted to let folks know that I've made a support ticket to restore my Amprex, just to preempt anyone kind enough to make that suggestion. ^^