Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

game launch issues

cha0sWyrM

since the latest update, every time i try to launch the game i get 3 of the same popup telling me "sorry tenno, warframe has encountered an error and needs to close".

i have already done the standard verifying of files and optimizations and whatnot

the popups remain until i manually close them, but warframe continues to load up and plays without issue. these popups sure are annoying though.

warframe-error.jpg

If possible, could you see if your launcher logs (in '%localappdata%/Warframe') have any sort of crash reason present? I'm not sure if your launcher is somehow missing files or broken, but submitting those reports (as annoying as the popups are) should help DE resolve any dependency issues or problems with it too.

8 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

If possible, could you see if your launcher logs (in '%localappdata%/Warframe') have any sort of crash reason present? I'm not sure if your launcher is somehow missing files or broken, but submitting those reports (as annoying as the popups are) should help DE resolve any dependency issues or problems with it too.

thnx for the reply,

i did send the reports the first couple of times...but...it got old pretty quick. i checked the log, and did see the following errors reported:

2.457 Sys [Error]: /EE/Types/Input/DefaultKeyBindings [KeyBindings] had problems with its property text:
2.457 Sys [Error]: Error parsing MOVE_Y[4].key (unknown enumeration value)
2.457 Sys [Error]: Error parsing MOVE_Y[5].key (unknown enumeration value)
2.457 Sys [Error]: Could not find game rules: /EE/Types/GameRules/MultiplayerGameRules
2.457 Sys [Error]: Required by game config /EE/Types/GameRules/GameConfig
2.457 Sys [Error]: Failed to create run-time type: MultiplayerGameRules (parent GameRules is abstract)
2.457 Sys [Error]: Could not find platform icon collection: /EE/Types/GraphicsRes/DefaultPlatformIconCollection

i dont know what any of that means, but...i do have my keybindings all kinds of moved around, i have a mouse with...lets see...11 buttons. i use them all. though...i havent touched my keybindings in ages and they all work just fine even with these errors. i havent touched any warframe related files at all other than the auto update that stared all this. since the game does launch and play just fine i assume these errors are internal to the launcher itself.....i guess?

welp....seems i figured out a solution. i dont know what the problem is but i checked for anything in the settings of the launcher that might look...i dont know....suspicious? the only thing of note was in the settings...the only box that did NOT have a tick in it was launcher gpu acceleration....i ticked it and lo and behold...voilà! the popups are no more.

so i guess the update unticked that box for some reason...or the launcher didnt need it before and now it does, i dont know, buts its fine now.

On 2023-07-30 at 12:33 AM, cha0sWyrM said:

welp....seems i figured out a solution. i dont know what the problem is but i checked for anything in the settings of the launcher that might look...i dont know....suspicious? the only thing of note was in the settings...the only box that did NOT have a tick in it was launcher gpu acceleration....i ticked it and lo and behold...voilà! the popups are no more.

so i guess the update unticked that box for some reason...or the launcher didnt need it before and now it does, i dont know, buts its fine now.

I was having a similar problem, but without error messages. Your fix fixed my problem, as well. Thanks for the info! 👍