Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove The Secondary Fire Mode For Tigris

DeadlyNerd

I don't understand how the current mechanic is not very functional - its a double barrel shotgun, and its intended use is clearly to fire both shots close together, either at the same target (just tap the fire button and you get the double shot), or at two separate targets where you press and hold for one target, aim at another and release.  I can't think of a way to give it the same utility with the same downside - either its semi auto and becomes much ammo efficient, or it fires both shots on pressing the trigger and loses utility.  In fact, I'd love to see this trigger mechanic moved to other guns - ones with burst fire come to mind - pressing the trigger fires half the burst, releasing it fires the other half.  I do agree that it could use a buff though, it isn't ammo efficient and it isn't high dps, so it doesn't have a good reason for use late game.

I love that DE is willing to experiment and make unique weapons - heck a large problem with melee in the game is that they have too many weapons that are essentially reskins of each, without each being unique and useful.

Whatever, let  his become yet another game to get bogged down by novelties because enough people think its a "neat" idea. There is no actual difference in the functionality of the weapon if you have it work as semi-auto or as the current system. You can still fire the same two shots either very quickly or with a delay between them. Functional mechanics before "neat" gimmicks, please. They're already working on a "charge" shotgun, afaik.

A vehicle with wheels that are not completely rounded would still WORK, but it would not be the ideal functional state. This is why wheels are round.

Edited by DeadlyFred

There is no actual difference in the functionality of the weapon if you have it work as semi-auto or as the current system.

It's really not all that fuctional.

Wait, what? It's not functional enough for you--and at the same time, it's exactly as functional as the alternative.

Make up your mind.

Edited by tegeusCromis

Whatever, let  his become yet another game to get bogged down by novelties because enough people think its a "neat" idea. There is no actual difference in the functionality of the weapon if you have it work as semi-auto or as the current system.

Then it simply becomes a case of "Don't try to fix what is not broken".

Keep the current system.

/thread.

Just make it a fast semi-auto and have done.  You can still double-barrel things AND everyone stops complaining. :)

Edit: As an anti-infested weapon it could probably do with a slightly faster base reload, what with the swarming and all that.  Punch-through certainly helps though.

Edited by Qeveren

I hated it too... But now i LOVE it!

Very unique trigger and actually, very useful once you put some time and a few forma into the gun.

A nightmare for infested mobs!!! You'll be firing one shot and killing 5-7 infested if you line it up right, and another 5-7 with the second shell. Very rewarding weapon.

DE... If you're reading, don't listen to the OP. The Tigris is fantastic the way it is... Would be even better with no damage fall-off though!

if you hate the alt fire feature, you can just...not use it at all. Ever think of that?

I find the alt fire very useful. Usually 1 shot is more than enough to kill an enemy so firing both barrels just wastes the 2nd shot. Having the ability to just fire single shot is in fact useful.

Just because you personally dont like it does not mean it is useless for everyone.

I actually like the way the Tigris works, although it can be a bit annoying at times, but I wouldn't mind an overhaul.

I say make the Tigris shoot both barrels when fired normally, and have a very short charge to fire a single shot.

Keeps things nice & simple.

Edited by Flackenstien

riot shotgun from shadow warrior has the perfect multi-barrel shotgun controls.

a fire 'trigger' that you can change from single shot or to rapidly empty the (four-round) clip. it was freakin' awesome.

i actually like the tigris the way it is though.

if you use clip size mods you can get three rapid-fire burst shots. pretty cool stuff.

edit: I thought everyone had a "don't break my mouse" macro and a "don't break my melee key" macro already, but I made one that depresses and releases LMB (M1) every 0.005 seconds for my aklato that originally fired faster than I could click, lol.

Edited by Volume

After reading most, if not all, of the posts in this thread; I can see that there is a definite rift between those who love the trigger and those who hate it.

I am torn on the subject. Tigris is a single target's worst nightmare. Even when facing Grineer or Corpus, heavy units don't stand a chance against a two shot blast from this puppy. Even Hek has a hard time keeping up...

This is where I say, "I hate this trigger." Here's why...

It all really boils down to training. I understand the purpose behind a duplex-automatic trigger and it's usefulness is exceptional. But, with any other weapon in the game, it's click to fire one round or a burst of 2-3-4-5 rounds, excluding launchers... and Lanka. Tigris requires a complete 'rewiring' of your thought process to be truly effective.

Let's look at Hek, again; it has the same overall damage per shell, but it's semi-automatic. Pull the trigger once and one shell is fired. I can use Hek in the same way I use Latron, or Miter for that matter. But, when I switch to Tigris, I find myself wasting ammo on trash mobs because I'm still using the same method of operation that I use with any other weapon in my arsenal. The simple fix for this problem is to use a very short charge mechanic. About .25s would be perfect. Click and release to fire one shell, press and hold to fire both barrels simultaneously. Click, click means BANG, BANG. Click and hold means KABOOM!

But, "I love this trigger." Here's why...

If I find myself facing a heavy unit of almost any kind, I don't have to think. Click, BANG, BANG. The heavy goes down and I can reload in peace, most of the time. With quick reflexes, I can click and hit two or more targets in different directions and with Seeking Force whole columns of enemies go down, again, with a single click.

Basically, I don't know if a different trigger would make that much of a difference. Tigris still has a small magazine and a long reload. If the reload was a bit faster(even though it is one of the best animations in the game), then I would say that the charge system is a better option.

In the end, there are three options to make Tigris great, if not awesome...

1. Leave everything alone but make it a balanced-damage weapon. About 47 damage for all three types(Puncture, Impact and Slash).

2. Reduce the reload to 1.0s and implement a charge trigger(see above).

3. Make it semi-automatic and buff the damage to 200. 160 Slash, 20 Impact and 20 Puncture. Leave everything else alone.

Edited by DCypherThis13