Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archguns need an update

roastmeef

Since galvanized mods and weapon arcanes were a thing archguns struggle to compete with primaries as well as secondaries and are straight up not viable for the steel path.

But I love heavy armaments and certainly most of you do as well so I'm sure we are in agreement when I say that they deserve some love as well.

I have come up with some suggestions for an update so they could actually pack a punch but are still some what balanced. Please do let me know what you think of it and feel free to add any suggestions.

-Galvanized Focus: On Kill +50% crit. chance & crit. damage for 12 seconds when aiming stacks up to 3 times

-Galvanized Rounds: (Galvanized Chamber but for Archguns) 

-Galvanized Aggression: (Needs a better name imo) +25% chance to apply [Blast] on critical hit. On Kill +20% direct damage per Blast Status affecting the target. Stacks up to 2x

-Piercing Fury: Critical hits have a 40% chance to ignore an enemies defenses (shields and armor)

-Primed Automatic Trigger: +90% fire rate

An Exilus Mod Slot should be added as primary and secondary weapons have one as well. This one should be reserved for mods regarding the ammo economy (e.g. recharge rate, max ammo, max magazine capacity and even the addition of a heavy ammo transmutation mod) 

Perhaps there should also be Archgun Arcanes which then could conveniently be purchased from Father in Necralisk. No ideas there, I'll just leave that up to you. 

My next idea may not suit most players liking as Warframe is very fast paced but I believe that Archguns should really be treated like proper heavy guns, heavily impacting mobility (Slower movement speed, no shooting while sprinting, no aim gliding, no double jump / bullet jump)

Edited by roastmeef
Correction
  • Like 4

I still say they should be recategorized and scaled down as just specialty rifles and pistols, same with melee. They would still be the only archwing-compatible weapons, but now they would be able to take any of the relevant standard mods along with the archwing mods.

• Like 1

The weapons have already decent stats as they are but they are hella held back by their very bad mods and lack of alternatives to said mods.

Adding Galvanized mods and Arcanes is undeniably a good idea, but the base mods need a good dose of rebalancing before adding any new ones. I'm mostly talking about the Crit Chance and Crit Damage mods, along the Multishot one, but the "conditional" mods like Critical Focus could also all use a buff. Also please just tie Fire Rate and Charge Rate together, just like for primaries. I don't wanna waste mod slots to compensate bad design.

• Like 2

il y a 59 minutes, MakotoSmile a dit :

Agreed. I just felt this heavily(😅) when I was slamming forma on some weapons and struggled on SP Incursions and not even my fully build mausolon couldnt give much help :/

I'd say go for a riven, but the dispo kills it, and it just won't do miracles in the long run.

Best you could do is abuse Sevagoth's 1st ability augment for Crit based archguns, and Citrine's 3 for status based archguns. I don't like these strats, as it's clearly not the weapons working on their own, which 99.9% primaries and secondaries can do... and I speak from experience, as I went and rebuilt every weapon in the game. Something as obscure as the regular old single Cestra can take on the steel path, granted I fueled it with 5 formas, a guntato, an arcane slot and a good riven. Galvanized setups are pretty much mandatory for anything that's otherwise considered mastery fodder. Sadly archguns can't be fueled with the same amount of love, which is a shame, as there are no incentives to use a weaker limited option... other than "hey that looks cool".

Edited by Fred_Avant_2019

Il y a 13 heures, (PSN)Phoenixs_Ashes17 a dit :

Archguns just need more mods.  Other weapons have so many more mods to choose from.

More mods yes, but buffed already present mods as well.

Parallax Scope just gives 80% crit chance, which is even less than the joke that is Blunderbuss for shotguns (but at least, there we have access to Critical Decceleration).

Dual Rounds gives just 60% multishot, being the only multishot mod outside of rivens, meaning you get a 60-40 roll at just one extra bullet... when it's the single most important stat in the entire game.

• Like 1