The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Lover Back, Vol 3 ​🖤

CrownOfShadows

What can I say, I'm bored and so I'm back here asking for more stealth content, because it's so underserved in WF and that's a sad thing. WF Spy potential=100, WF Spy execution=20.

Is it the most important thing I want WF to pay attention to? No. Do I still constantly crave it? YES.

How to improve stealth you ask? Do not rely on harder puzzles. I think you need to look no further than Lua spy to see that harder puzzles != more enjoyment. I'm not saying make easy puzzles either, to be clear. My absolute favorite puzzles in warframe are the Alad V labs on Jupiter, and they're fairly complex to learn but once you've got it, you've got it. Tons of fun. (Also I will not stop praising the gas city spy tiles, they're my favorite vaults to date).

Rather, give us more stealth systems! More stealth tools! And better stealth missions!

What are better stealth missions you ask? Missions that are purely dedicated to the art.

Every stealth mission in warframe is trying to do 2 or 3 or 4 things at once (spy, normal shootem-up gameplay, relic fissures, RJ voidstorms, syndicate spawns, acolyte spawns(whyyyyy), simaris targets, etc.). Missions where getting spotted is a terrible, terrible thing. You know that one mastery rank test that's all like... 'a full frontal assault is not always the best way' - forget what MR test that is, 9 or 10 or something? You actually fail if you get spotted, it's pretty hard and you have to really sneak around (unless you find a way to cheese it) - it's got that tension yknow? Never happens anywhere else in the game haha. Anyways, that's the most actual stealth I've ever experienced in WF :/   C'MON SON!

I didn't find New War's stealth section enjoyable. But that doesn't mean I'm not into stealth gameplay.

The thing is, Spy tries to be this gamemode, when in reality, it's just console hacking. How you get to the consoles is always only your decision, and if that decision is Mach Rush, then it'll be Mach Rush. In spy missions, you don't bother with the stealth if you have no reason to bother with the stealth. The only times I see myself use a stealth frame for a Spy is when I'm using Ivara to either do this Spy mission on Lua, Pavlov, or when I'm doing a Sortie and the Spy is on Jupiter or Uranus.

Also that Mastery Rank 9 test yeah? Use the Kestrel glaive. It's lower MR than it, and all you need is to land Heavy Attack explosions on targets. Which are actually silent and send corpses flying, so you can knock them back off the testing grounds, out of sight of remaining targets. At a distance. That's the only place I found its guaranteed forced ragdoll status to be of use.

Still, a Stealth gameplay doesn't work on Spy. Or not as we'd like to see it work, due to no enemy patterns (because of how the AI works) and no consequences for failure. If you can be seen by just anyone, rush into the detection lasers but have way enough time to just run to that console, press X then Y, then there's no need to bother with the stealth. Both things you can just bypass with Wukong's 2 augment, or Ivara with Infiltrate.

The problem is, if you were to make spy missions to be just like that mr9 test, people would be malding, just because they'd refuse to adjust to the objective.

I think a fair way to make stealth work would be to have a security level meter somewhere on your screen. If you screw up too much the meter depletes, if it hits zero you fail. That way it leaves room for error and is less bs punishing when you do just one tiny mistake.

5 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

What can I say, I'm bored and so I'm back here asking for more stealth content, because it's so underserved in WF and that's a sad thing. WF Spy potential=100, WF Spy execution=20.

Is it the most important thing I want WF to pay attention to? No. Do I still constantly crave it? YES.

How to improve stealth you ask? Do not rely on harder puzzles. I think you need to look no further than Lua spy to see that harder puzzles != more enjoyment. I'm not saying make easy puzzles either, to be clear. My absolute favorite puzzles in warframe are the Alad V labs on Jupiter, and they're fairly complex to learn but once you've got it, you've got it. Tons of fun. (Also I will not stop praising the gas city spy tiles, they're my favorite vaults to date).

Rather, give us more stealth systems! More stealth tools! And better stealth missions!

What are better stealth missions you ask? Missions that are purely dedicated to the art.

Every stealth mission in warframe is trying to do 2 or 3 or 4 things at once (spy, normal shootem-up gameplay, relic fissures, RJ voidstorms, syndicate spawns, acolyte spawns(whyyyyy), simaris targets, etc.). Missions where getting spotted is a terrible, terrible thing. You know that one mastery rank test that's all like... 'a full frontal assault is not always the best way' - forget what MR test that is, 9 or 10 or something? You actually fail if you get spotted, it's pretty hard and you have to really sneak around (unless you find a way to cheese it) - it's got that tension yknow? Never happens anywhere else in the game haha. Anyways, that's the most actual stealth I've ever experienced in WF :/   C'MON SON!

There is a lot of stealth content and I sucessfully skip it. If you ask where it is, its in rivens. A lot of riven challenges are annoying AF as you cant get detected by the enemy while doing whatever the riven is making you do. So yeah I just use riven cipher to get it done but for you I think its ideal.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

The thing is, Spy tries to be this gamemode, when in reality, it's just console hacking.

Yup! This is my biggest complaint with Spy.

6 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

I think a fair way to make stealth work would be to have a security level meter somewhere on your screen. If you screw up too much the meter depletes, if it hits zero you fail. That way it leaves room for error and is less bs punishing when you do just one tiny mistake.

Yes, while the MR9 test is better stealth than spy missions, it's definitely not suitable for regular gameplay.

I'd prefer multiple alarm states, similar to a meter I guess, but at each alarm state you get into more and more trouble. Guards are activated and hunt for you, the type of guards that can actually kill you, not the type that you can brush off like dust.

More ways to sneak would be good. Perhaps entering a stealth mode that is rather separate from regular gameplay would be good, that way you could implement things like peeking around corners, crawling on ceilings, crawling on floors and through tunnels and mission-impossible style cable work, all without cramming those into regular gameplay. Then, if the alarm hits a certain level, stealth mode can vanish and be replaced with regular gameplay while you fight your way to safety, and vice versa when the alarm comes back down. You could also have an entire stealth gear wheel full of tech gadgets. Sentinels like Shade could actually be given commands and act like stealth drones. Tons of potential.