Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Secondary Concept: Duckfoot Pistol

OgreEye

Warframes find themselves in a rather unique position; they're small teams being swarmed by small armies, and need to prepare as such. In the long past, however, there was a weapon made for a similar purpose, the duckfoot pistol. The design is ancient and the original intention was so a captain could reasonably threaten a crew if they were trying to mutiny, but the idea of one man being able to hold off many more is certainly very relevant to us, and we're no strangers to giving ancient firearms a glow-upEarly Christmas present from the mrs. - The Bored Room - The Bore Site

Now, obviously, we have shotguns that sort of fill that purpose, but this would differ from shotguns considerably in a few ways:
1. The spread would be much, much larger, but it would only be horizontal; Think like a cernos prime but with much more space in between. Which leads into
2. You're not intended to hit an enemy with multiple pellets - quite the opposite really, so each individual shot would have to be much stronger
3. This is intended to be a "get the hell off of me" more than anything, especially since we can be dealing with large amounts of melee enemies, and as such would likely achieve that best by having forced impact on a hit to stagger them

I do recognize that it sounds like it would be quite strong by design, and the balance factor I propose in that, then, is a 1-shot magazine and a meaningful reload. You are, after all, firing all 4 (or more, I've seen designs with up to 10!) barrels at once, and then have to reload each one. I'm a fan of having AoE options other than "really big explosions", and I think this would fit nicely in that rather underpopulated group.

• Like 2

I think the Phage, while being very "out there" in terms of design, due to its infested state, is somewhat similar to this. Granted, it's a beam shotgun that fires tentacles, rather than your more conventional Warframe weapon that would shoot bullets or otherwise whatever hot plasma projectile type of thing.

I guess we'd be looking at something that has the kick of the Opticor without the charge time, but a hefty reload to compensate.