Dante Unbound: Known Issues Ɨ
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

DE, please, it's been 10 years. Can we fix host migration?

Aerothan

Just went to the Plains to do some mining to build cosmetics. about 10 minutes of mining and two host migrations later and get kicked out to Orbiter with a mission failed notification and none of my resources for that time. I've been playing since 2013 and absolutely love the game, the community and the developers, but its just so exhausting that these issues still persist after all these years of development and quality of life fixes. This is the number one issue the community has had throughout the history of this games development and being required to mine rare resources across three open world environments for items and cosmetics, which already has its own host of bugs like nodes not showing or working, or veins spawning in unreachable locations, to put time into mining just to have it lost due to an ancient and persistent issue is very dishearteniny0luzE3.pngg.Ā 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aerothan said:

about 10 minutes of mining and two host migrations later and get kicked out to Orbiter with a mission failed notification and none of my resources for that time

While it does say "mission failed", it syncs and saves your progress in open worlds per events, and mining a resource is one of those so you should still have the resources in your inventory if you check. The reason the results screen is so confused is because each migration is its own "session" with a new host, and it loses track of the progress for the correct session for this screen (which is a separate visual bug).

Are you sure that's not just Duviri? Can't ever remember having kept any items when I dc from open world. Luckily been a while since I've gotten host problems in open world, but might just because I play a lot solo. Or DE Bug gods might have forgotten about meĀ šŸ¤”

Nope, not just Duviri!

Progress on the plains is saved under the following conditions:

• Upon returning to Cetus through the gates at any point, with the mission concluding and all progress saved.
  • On returning to the player'sĀ OrbiterĀ via the escape menu.
  • All progress is automatically saved on completingĀ Bounties.
  • Fishing,Ā Mining, or using consumables results in a specific save of that content (fish caught, minerals extracted, consumables used).

Mining should save each successful extraction, contrary to what the buggy results screen shows you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-10-09 at 5:59 PM, Naroxas44 said:

Nope, not just Duviri!

Progress on the plains is saved under the following conditions:

• Upon returning to Cetus through the gates at any point, with the mission concluding and all progress saved.
  • On returning to the player'sĀ OrbiterĀ via the escape menu.
  • All progress is automatically saved on completingĀ Bounties.
  • Fishing,Ā Mining, or using consumables results in a specific save of that content (fish caught, minerals extracted, consumables used).

Mining should save each successful extraction, contrary to what the buggy results screen shows you.

You definitely saved my sanity. If it's not already clear just how little of it remains from all the mining issues I've already dealt with over the years.Ā