Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't a Dojo supposed to be a place to train? (A Dojo room idea)

Probably_Asleep

I think the Dojo should have a combat training room. Here are the amenities I'd suggest putting inside of it:

• "Fantasy Arsenal" station that allows you equip Weapons/Mods/Forma even if you don't have them
    • You want this, DE; you want people to want things they do not have yet
    • While you build it, have it display an "Acquisition Guide"
      • Locations/Mission Types for Mods and Blueprint Components
      • A tally of the Endo/Forma you'd need to get this build
  • "DPS Dummy" that can help you test actual damage values of your builds
    • A wooden-dummy that cannot be destroyed, with a monitor above it
    • The monitor shows
      • Highest single hit
      • Average DPS (10 second memory)
      • Damage Reductions and Bonuses from Health/Armor/Shields
    • Can interact with Dummy to change Health/Armor/Shield type
  • "Stance Stance Revolution"
    • An area where you can practice Stance Combo Moves
    • Has a display that you can interact with to select which combo you want to learn
    • When you get in the ring, the display shows the buttons and timing needed to perform the Combo
    • As you perform it, the display praises you for good timing and says useful things like: "Forced Bleed Status!"
  • "Hoshi Mato" (Star Target, a traditional Japanese Archery Target often used in Archery clubs with a single bullseye and no rings)
    • A target practice station with three modes:
      • Stationary
      • Patrolling
      • Aggressive
    • Have a display on the wall behind showing hits/misses
    • Lines on the ground at 10/20/30/40 meters from target
  • "Audiometer Traffic Light"
    • Green by default
    • Turns Red for 5 seconds if it hears a noise loud enough that an enemy would be alerted
    • Use it to see how noisy your weapon is at varying distances
  • "Wind Tunnel Treadmill"
    • Can move side to side, but not forwards or backwards
    • Looks like a treadmill and rotates faster depending on how fast you are running
    • Has fans that visually blow when you bullet jump (just so it makes sense why you aren't moving forward while airborne)
    • Has a display in front that shows how many meters/second you are moving
    • Has a vertical tube overhead that blows you downward at a certain height
    • Display also shows how long your airtime was and how high your jump would have been if uninterrupted
  • "Pain Booth"
    • Select a damage type and value
    • A tiny turret appears and fires at you twice per second with the selected type/amount of damage
    • A stopwatch is displayed showing how long you've been able to endure
    • When you get downed, the turret stops firing and a robotic arm comes out and revives you
    • Free energy orbs are outside the booth

That's all I can think of at the moment. I think a room with all these stations would let me gather some very valuable insights on various game mechanics, make very informed decisions on builds, and practice some core skills.

Not to mention, it would be the most "Dojo" room the "Dojo" has ever had.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

This is one of those things that I think is extremely awesome and would be an amazing addition but something that I know that would come until many years if they would put a focus on clans again.

I can relate and I'm inclined to believe. I'm not even sure if DE can use any of these suggestions, really. With hundreds if not thousands of players wanting their voices to be heard, just what kind of chaos would ensue from the rest if someone actually did get listened to?

But to live without dreaming is to accept the nightmare of reality. (I say as I shoo away those existential worries)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

I can relate and I'm inclined to believe. I'm not even sure if DE can use any of these suggestions, really. With hundreds if not thousands of players wanting their voices to be heard, just what kind of chaos would ensue from the rest if someone actually did get listened to?

But to live without dreaming is to accept the nightmare of reality. (I say as I shoo away those existential worries)

It ain't that DE can't or hasn't used suggestions before, it is more about them balancing the new content, old content reworks (sometimes) and THEN sometimes do suggestions. 
Much of what we are getting in Abyss of Dagath were suggestions asking for many many years. 

TLDR: Our voices are heard, they are just too busy with giving new content on there own plans to act on suggestions all the time.

2 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

It ain't that DE can't or hasn't used suggestions before, it is more about them balancing the new content, old content reworks (sometimes) and THEN sometimes do suggestions. 
Much of what we are getting in Abyss of Dagath were suggestions asking for many many years. 

TLDR: Our voices are heard, they are just too busy with giving new content on there own plans to act on suggestions all the time.

I was going to begin with speculating on whether or not this is actually true. I know that the Dagath update seems to line up with a post from earlier this year:

...but that brings up the question: "Did DE actually read this? Or did they just coincidentally come to the same idea?" (We have horses + it's October = Dullahan) So I was going to say that I've got my doubts.

Then I remembered Sevagoth. That's a well known "community-driven" frame.

Although, I'm reading up on it in the Wiki and it looks like the user who pushed the idea happened to be a graphic designer that also got hired on to DE. I wonder what the order of events was there. Maybe I'll need to go get myself employed by DE first...

I'm curious now what has been taken entirely from the Forum. I don't know how I'd get that data (short of scraping the forum/Wiki contents and developing a correlation function with open-source NLP algorithms...). And if there is something taken from the Forum, how was it presented? Maybe I could increase the volume of my "voice" if I train to become a graphic designer. (A friend actually convinced me to buy a Huion Kamvas and Clip Studio Paint over the pandemic so we could have a virtual "art group." But then he and his wife had a baby... now they have two babies, and I have an expensive "additional monitor" that's actually an art tablet)

But I digress! I want to believe you, so I'll indulge in the assumption that you're speaking from experience and that there is reason to hope.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-10-12 at 4:16 PM, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

I was going to begin with speculating on whether or not this is actually true. I know that the Dagath update seems to line up with a post from earlier this year:

...but that brings up the question: "Did DE actually read this? Or did they just coincidentally come to the same idea?" (We have horses + it's October = Dullahan) So I was going to say that I've got my doubts.

Then I remembered Sevagoth. That's a well known "community-driven" frame.

Although, I'm reading up on it in the Wiki and it looks like the user who pushed the idea happened to be a graphic designer that also got hired on to DE. I wonder what the order of events was there. Maybe I'll need to go get myself employed by DE first...

I'm curious now what has been taken entirely from the Forum. I don't know how I'd get that data (short of scraping the forum/Wiki contents and developing a correlation function with open-source NLP algorithms...). And if there is something taken from the Forum, how was it presented? Maybe I could increase the volume of my "voice" if I train to become a graphic designer. (A friend actually convinced me to buy a Huion Kamvas and Clip Studio Paint over the pandemic so we could have a virtual "art group." But then he and his wife had a baby... now they have two babies, and I have an expensive "additional monitor" that's actually an art tablet)

But I digress! I want to believe you, so I'll indulge in the assumption that you're speaking from experience and that there is reason to hope.

Even though I suggested this before Dagath was revealed, I have a feeling that it might've already been planned and that it was just a coincidence that it actually happened. (And the fact that the horse was to be used for an ability, while different from my original idea was still pretty similar-ish. Especially with my original name of the ability which was called "Cavalry Charge", (then stampede instead of charge)). The difference is not only was I hoping we would be able to ride the horse into battle, having its own melee attack when bumping into enemies, but also be able to use melee weapons on it like that one mini-bossfight enemy can. As a sort of "miniature expansion" to the mechanic. (And obviously it couldn't fly because it'd be a non-Duviri-ified horse). Though the Dullahan Mask does make me wonder if for next Halloween we might get the version or a similar one to what I suggested, with the actual name "Dullahan" this time. I mean, if they did, they could be the "Headless Duo". Or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-10-28 at 8:43 AM, Antroz0n said:

Even though I suggested this before Dagath was revealed, I have a feeling that it might've already been planned and that it was just a coincidence that it actually happened. (And the fact that the horse was to be used for an ability, while different from my original idea was still pretty similar-ish. Especially with my original name of the ability which was called "Cavalry Charge", (then stampede instead of charge)). The difference is not only was I hoping we would be able to ride the horse into battle, having its own melee attack when bumping into enemies, but also be able to use melee weapons on it like that one mini-bossfight enemy can. As a sort of "miniature expansion" to the mechanic. (And obviously it couldn't fly because it'd be a non-Duviri-ified horse). Though the Dullahan Mask does make me wonder if for next Halloween we might get the version or a similar one to what I suggested, with the actual name "Dullahan" this time. I mean, if they did, they could be the "Headless Duo". Or something like that.

This got me thinking how fun it would be (for us, obnoxious for DE), if we tried and somehow succeeded to brainstorm whatever Warframe idea they were actually working on in secret.

DE Creative Team: "Let's make an edgy Japanese-esque Warframe this spring! Maybe a Warframe that uses cherry blossom petals. We can change 'sakura' into something like 'Kurasa' so the nerds will feel proud of themselves when they figure it out."

DE Management: "That's good! We looked up 'Kurasa' and it means 'Darkness.' So how about we release it near the Spring equinox in an event called 'Darkness Blossoms?'"

DE Creative Team: "Ooh! We'll get to work on it right away!"

Warframe Forums: "Hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if there was a Sakura Warframe? Maybe something that's spring themed?"

DE Management: *throws baseball caps on floor* "Gosh DANG it!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

This got me thinking how fun it would be (for us, obnoxious for DE), if we tried and somehow succeeded to brainstorm whatever Warframe idea they were actually working on in secret.

DE Creative Team: "Let's make an edgy Japanese-esque Warframe this spring! Maybe a Warframe that uses cherry blossom petals. We can change 'sakura' into something like 'Kurasa' so the nerds will feel proud of themselves when they figure it out."

DE Management: "That's good! We looked up 'Kurasa' and it means 'Darkness.' So how about we release it near the Spring equinox in an event called 'Darkness Blossoms?'"

DE Creative Team: "Ooh! We'll get to work on it right away!"

Warframe Forums: "Hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if there was a Sakura Warframe? Maybe something that's spring themed?"

DE Management: *throws baseball caps on floor* "Gosh DANG it!"

Lol, that actually would be a pretty fun thing to do, it'd be like a "who's that Pokemon" minigame, but obviously be renamed to something like "who's that new frame!" (Or something like that. Also, funny situation you made up, lol).

• Like 1