Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if there was a infested lich ?

SirPaladin555

I don't litterly mean a lich that is infested though that would be a intresting way to obtain one. But rather I mean a infested entity in the same vein as liches and sisters.

As shown by zeloid and laphantis it is possible to have somewhat smart infested 

Plus this would be a way to aquire to infested weapons in the same vein as tenet or kuva , perhaps they can be called plagued or blighted weapons for example.

Not to mention bonus stuff like the ephamora's that have a infestation theme or side stuff like the hounds. Like a infested pet or maybe even unique amps for whatever. 

In either case what do you all think ? 

I have good news for you.

I mean, DE have basically confirmed Infested Lichs. Just along that, they mentioned, not this year. They mentioned this on a few Devstreams as well as the Reddit AMA, which is a bit easier for me to source, but quote "Are there plans for other faction's "Liches", like Infested or Sentient or Corrupted?", "Yes, not this year, but yes (Infested heheheeheehe)- [DE]Pablo".

So now we just wait, and questions are more about what they do, how they do it, what weapons, what naming conventions, what ephemera, etc. 2024 looks promising.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I have good news for you.

I mean, DE have basically confirmed Infested Lichs. Just along that, they mentioned, not this year. They mentioned this on a few Devstreams as well as the Reddit AMA, which is a bit easier for me to source, but quote "Are there plans for other faction's "Liches", like Infested or Sentient or Corrupted?", "Yes, not this year, but yes (Infested heheheeheehe)- [DE]Pablo".

So now we just wait, and questions are more about what they do, how they do it, what weapons, what naming conventions, what ephemera, etc. 2024 looks promising.

Yeah 2024 looks great for warframe ^^ 

Also Thanks for bringing this to my attention,  I wasn't personally aware of those qoutes.

In either case I'm excited to see how there gonna go about a infested lich. Though I'm also really curious about a Sentient lich but that I think is more hypothetical at the moment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirPaladin555 said:

Yeah 2024 looks great for warframe ^^ 

Also Thanks for bringing this to my attention,  I wasn't personally aware of those qoutes.

In either case I'm excited to see how there gonna go about a infested lich. Though I'm also really curious about a Sentient lich but that I think is more hypothetical at the moment.

No worries and all good, I know not everyone may watch all the Devstreams and so on. 

I am pretty excited for Infested Liches as well, there is a lot of potential for what they could do. Like Corpus Liches came wth Hounds, so one of my creative ideas, was it could be fun if they gave us Juggernaut pets, and Infested Liches used special Juggernauts as thralls. Or maybe Infested LIches, mutate and evolve when they level up, so look visually different and more extreme (in contrast Kuva Liches and Sisters remain mostly the same when they level up). 

Maybe the weapons can incorporate some of the Incarnon trees and elements as well, and be a hybrid of traditional Lich weapons mixed with Incarnon forms, so weapons that "mutate", have extra capacity, but also evolution trees and mutated modes. 

Lots of possibilities. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

No worries and all good, I know not everyone may watch all the Devstreams and so on. 

I am pretty excited for Infested Liches as well, there is a lot of potential for what they could do. Like Corpus Liches came wth Hounds, so one of my creative ideas, was it could be fun if they gave us Juggernaut pets, and Infested Liches used special Juggernauts as thralls. Or maybe Infested LIches, mutate and evolve when they level up, so look visually different and more extreme (in contrast Kuva Liches and Sisters remain mostly the same when they level up). 

Maybe the weapons can incorporate some of the Incarnon trees and elements as well, and be a hybrid of traditional Lich weapons mixed with Incarnon forms, so weapons that "mutate", have extra capacity, but also evolution trees and mutated modes. 

Lots of possibilities. 

The idea of infested liches mutating as they level is an awesome idea 

Maybe that would make for an intresting risk reward if that translated to their weapons , as they evolve so does their weapons meaning they will get harder to take on but their loot will be way better as a result 

• Like 1