Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for a Chroma Rework (A Complete Overhaul)

(XBOX)AudiGuard20

Here are my ideas for a chroma rework that may seem completely overkill and a complete overhaul but I am just gonna pour out all my ideas for Chroma rework here. While i do think Chroma should have more of a dragon ability for his 4th ability, i would like to implement his effigy form to make it a little bit more useful and better

Passive: While the current passive seems interesting and cool, it sort of seems lackluster and almost forgotten about. So the new passive would be like this: 

Changing the energy color of Chroma will determine the element used for his abilities (from the start). Also, this element will also be combined into his weapons. So for example, if Chroma's energy is red, he will have heat for his abilities, and heat will be applied to his weapons. If his primary for example has radiation, the heat will combine with that. If the weapon has Corrosive for example, then the weapon will also have heat, meaning it will have Corrosive + Heat

1st Ability: Spectral Scream

You can still choose between the other elements to be used for his other abilities (However, lets say the energy is heat, and you choose cold with this ability, cold will be used for his other abilities, but the weapons will still have heat). Now, each element when you activate the ability will do different things (instead of tickling the enemies with little damage and proccing the status effects)
Heat: Breathe out fire dealing damage, setting enemies on fire proccing the heat status effect.

Cold: Breathe out ice dealing damage, slowing enemies down, proccing the cold status effect. (maybe: using this ability focused on one enemy will freeze the target)

Electricity: Lets out a breath of electricity, dealing damage, stunning enemies and proccing the electric status effect (the electric breath will work like a chain attack stunning multiple enemies together)

Toxin: Hurl out a blob of toxin, dealing damage, poisoning targets and proccing the toxin status effect (the hurl will have an aoe effect once it hits any surface or enemies, and enemies near it will get affected)

2nd Ability: Elemental Ward

Remains Unchanged

3rd Ability: Vex Armor

Taking Damage to both shields and health will build up the armor and damage buff (makes it easier to utilize the buffs). Furthermore, Chroma's element will also have an effect

For every element, with the armor buff, depending on your chosen element, you will be taking reduce damage from that element (or even immune to status procs of that element) and with the damage buff, your abilities will deal more damage with that element and your weapons will have that element on top of that

(example: if chroma energy element is heat, and you have cold selected from the 1st ability and your weapon has blast modded onto it, then that means: You take less damage (or immune) to cold damage and status effects, and on top of the heat being modded in the blast making the blast stronger, you have a separate instance of cold modded on to the weapon making you have blast + cold

4th ability: Effigy

Effigy by itself is totally useless by itself lets be real and only good for more credits with Profit Taker, so heres my take for Effigy

This ability is centered around a bar meter (that will appear when you activate the ability). When you use effigy, chroma will become enraged in strength and power, dealing increased damage with all of his weapons and abilities. While in this state, you have to fill up the bar meter by dealing damage/killing enemies where killing enemies increase the bar meter more and the higher the enemy level, the better. Once the meter is full, you break free of your shell and now playing in the effigy form. While in this state, the outer shell of chroma is still there, dealing damage and killing enemies, knocking them down, giving crowd control, while also making enemies aggro to the shell more, focusing entirely on the npc shell. (essentially the shell is an NPC + Aggro) . While in the effigy form however, you are more maneuverable and agile, but more squishy, but you also have evasion. However, you still retain the same damage buff if vex armor was on, and the elemental ward buffs are still at their max, its just the armor buff of vex armor is lower. This ability is on a duration, and the 2 forms of chroma will reunite as one when either the duration of the ability runs out or when the NPC Chroma die. In either case, upon becoming one again, you will be invulnerable for 3 seconds.

I Dont remember what else i said that i wanted to mention for my rework changes because there was a lot, but im just gonna leave this because its definitely a lot by it is. So let me know what you think about this rework idea? Im sure what i said about the 4th ability might seem confusing so bear with me if i said anything you dont understand 

Edited by (XBOX)AudiGuard20
Was not finished accidentally submitted
  • Like 1

hace 19 horas, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 dijo:

Changing the energy color of Chroma will determine the element used for his abilities (from the start). Also, this element will also be combined into his weapons. So for example, if Chroma's energy is red, he will have heat for his abilities, and heat will be applied to his weapons. If his primary for example has radiation, the heat will combine with that. If the weapon has Corrosive for example, then the weapon will also have heat, meaning it will have Corrosive + Heat

I think his extra jump passive should be increased to 3 or 4 extra jumps.

hace 19 horas, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 dijo:

1st Ability: Spectral Scream

You can still choose between the other elements to be used for his other abilities (However, lets say the energy is heat, and you choose cold with this ability, cold will be used for his other abilities, but the weapons will still have heat). Now, each element when you activate the ability will do different things (instead of tickling the enemies with little damage and proccing the status effects)
Heat: Breathe out fire dealing damage, setting enemies on fire proccing the heat status effect.

Cold: Breathe out ice dealing damage, slowing enemies down, proccing the cold status effect. (maybe: using this ability focused on one enemy will freeze the target)

Electricity: Lets out a breath of electricity, dealing damage, stunning enemies and proccing the electric status effect (the electric breath will work like a chain attack stunning multiple enemies together)

Toxin: Hurl out a blob of toxin, dealing damage, poisoning targets and proccing the toxin status effect (the hurl will have an aoe effect once it hits any surface or enemies, and enemies near it will get affected)

Heat: That's exactly what the current skill does.
cold: that does it too. Freezing enemies is a good idea, the problem is that the skill applies statuses very slowly which prevents reaching the maximum stacks (applies up to 8 stacks and then drops to 6)
electricity: that does it too, the skill itself and the electrical state (unless you mean a chain like the heat skill does)
toxin: it does too. The gas cloud effect could be a good complement.

This ability has several problems: it accumulates statuses very slowly, preventing it from reaching maximum stacks (except with heat), it restricts the use of all weapons, and its damage is low and does not scale, so it is not useful as an alternative to weapons.
It occurs to me that to improve it I should apply statuses 3 times faster, that the status chance stat increases with strength and the duration of the status applied with this skill increases with duration (they could also make the damage per second a percentage)

hace 20 horas, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 dijo:

2nd Ability: Elemental Ward

Remains Unchanged

His best protection, by far, is cold, not only because of his increased armor, but also because he applies the cold status to any enemy that shoots at chroma regardless of distance.
This is what I can think of to improve it:
General Changes: Skill can be refreshed, cold aura is changed to how other auras work, aura status chance is 100% or increases with strength and can generate status stacks.

Heat Protection: Increases health percentage and adds health regeneration.

Electrical Protection: Increase shield capacity and add shield regeneration.

Toxin Protection: Add immunity to status effects. I propose this mainly because of the irony that skill provides no protection.

hace 21 horas, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 dijo:

3rd Ability: Vex Armor

Taking Damage to both shields and health will build up the armor and damage buff (makes it easier to utilize the buffs). Furthermore, Chroma's element will also have an effect

For every element, with the armor buff, depending on your chosen element, you will be taking reduce damage from that element (or even immune to status procs of that element) and with the damage buff, your abilities will deal more damage with that element and your weapons will have that element on top of that

(example: if chroma energy element is heat, and you have cold selected from the 1st ability and your weapon has blast modded onto it, then that means: You take less damage (or immune) to cold damage and status effects, and on top of the heat being modded in the blast making the blast stronger, you have a separate instance of cold modded on to the weapon making you have blast + cold

Add that its effects can also accumulate by having overguard.
I'm not sure the elemental change for weapons is a good idea, you could change a damage type for a weapon that you prefer to remain as it is (for example: a weapon with electrical damage that you use together with arcane voltage).

hace 22 horas, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 dijo:

4th ability: Effigy

Effigy by itself is totally useless by itself lets be real and only good for more credits with Profit Taker, so heres my take for Effigy

This ability is centered around a bar meter (that will appear when you activate the ability). When you use effigy, chroma will become enraged in strength and power, dealing increased damage with all of his weapons and abilities. While in this state, you have to fill up the bar meter by dealing damage/killing enemies where killing enemies increase the bar meter more and the higher the enemy level, the better. Once the meter is full, you break free of your shell and now playing in the effigy form. While in this state, the outer shell of chroma is still there, dealing damage and killing enemies, knocking them down, giving crowd control, while also making enemies aggro to the shell more, focusing entirely on the npc shell. (essentially the shell is an NPC + Aggro) . While in the effigy form however, you are more maneuverable and agile, but more squishy, but you also have evasion. However, you still retain the same damage buff if vex armor was on, and the elemental ward buffs are still at their max, its just the armor buff of vex armor is lower. This ability is on a duration, and the 2 forms of chroma will reunite as one when either the duration of the ability runs out or when the NPC Chroma die. In either case, upon becoming one again, you will be invulnerable for 3 seconds.

I like the idea of manipulating the effigy, although this would make it too similar to the sevagoth.
An alternative idea I can think of would be to make the effigy a companion, remove the energy drain and replace it with duration, add that his roar increases with range, his breath increases with the first skill, he receives the buffs from his 2 and 3 while they are active and attract the attention of enemies.
I think it's a good idea for him to get an evasion buff.