Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need separate keybinds for the Horse

Steel_Rook

Having recently returned to the game and tried my hand at some more Duviri, I was immediately reminded of just how bad the Kaithe controls are, especially for flying. I use toggle crouch, which in this game is a separate keybind. The Kaithe seems to use my Warframe controls. On the ground, this is mildly frustrating, as pressing my toggle crouch key puts the horse in a slow walk with no visual indication of why it's doing that. I don't often press that button on the ground, though, so it's not a huge issue.

In the air is where this becomes remarkably frustrating. To set my Kaithe flying, I need to press Crouch + Jump while airborne. If I happen to press Crouch first, it puts the horse into a "flying crouch" state where it can't "sprint", but gives me no indication that it's doing this. I have to randomly guess and hit toggle crouch to fix it. But if my horse is not in that state, then pressing crouch causes it to descend rapidly and continuously without further input from me. I have to hit crouch again to stop it. This is, I assume, because I'm using the toggle crouch key. Even when everything goes well and I transition into non-broken flight, I still don't have a good way to descend in a controlled manner. I can "toggle descent" on and off, but I can't hold the key to descend until I release it.

And before people tell me to just change my controls: remember that the Kaithe is using my Warframe controls. I chose those because they're convenient for Warframe gameplay, which is the majority of... well, Warframe. Changing the controls I use the majority of the time just to accommodate one transformation/vehicle is really not an option. And it shouldn't need to be. Archwings have their own separate control scheme. There, I've set my descent key to what's normally toggle crouch on my Warframes. Archwing flight I can control without issue since they have their own separate keybings.

Can we please give Kaithes their own separate keybinds? Or failing that, can we please give them Archwing Controls? Because using ground controls for an air-capable "vehicle" just doesn't work very well.