The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6 months away, 1 week back in. And an idea to pay-to-enjoy, focused on Warframe vets.

Graavarg

On the one hand, I agree that it's frustrating when you have so many resources/credits and nothing to use them on.... and then new things come out and need new resources that you don't have.

But if you could just skip the grind of the new resources by trading stuff you already have for the new content stuff, then you'd quickly get the new frame/weapon and then be back where you were at having nothing left to do....  I'm fairly certain that's the whole point of them making new frame require new resources - to give EVERYONE something to do, to farm that new thing.

I also don't see how a buying a subscription to allow you to trade for resources you don't have, to skip the grind... would be any better/cheaper than just buying the new frame and skip the grind entirely?

I'm L3 and have mastered everything now.  So when something like Dagath comes out that needs a new resource, it gives me a reason to actually play to aquire those resources.  Also with the Degath farm, it gave me a reason to farm more syndicate standing (since I have everything from them all now too) and buy more beacons so that I can host others through the farm who don't have the standing spare to buy their own.   So I see that as a good thing, really...

I disagree with a subscription not necessarily on principle but because I would never personally use it. The only real problem with a subscription in practice that I can see is WF's content island release strategy - people would forget about warframe and then come back for a release, get the subscription maybe, and then immediately cancel it, wait 3-9 weeks, repeat. Subscriptions only work when there is continuous new product, it saves people from making regular purchases. Maybe if it was like year-long subscription or something, but it would probably have to be expensive to balance it and that would probably turn a lot of people off.

I think the main problem with WF at L+ levels is the same it's always been: there's just nothing to do. No reason to log in. No reason to play anything except to tweak or tinker. The journey's done.

• Like 1

Am 30.10.2023 um 11:26 schrieb Nira:

My story is very similar! LR3, had a break for six months, came back about a week ago.

Initially I felt the same as you about Duviri, but after actually giving it a fair try, I have to say I'm really enjoying it! Hit me up in game if you want some company for the wyrm fights, I'm currently laid up with a broken collarbone and have a lot of time to play 😆

I can't see them making any groundbreaking changes like subscriptions and such at this stage but I do get what you're saying. At this point I come and enjoy the game for what it is, get borderline obsessive about it for a few weeks then take a break again 🙈

Nothing can be sold to me at the moment. Unless devs make sensible skins like people from steam.
Because the stuff in the game doesn't make me hot. not for plat anyway. I even play with the standard Wisp skin. because why should I buy something that looks just a little different?

So hire top designers to create little things like effects for weapon shots, skills, etc. And then you can sell it cheaply and I'm sure people will buy it in bulk because it makes everything look much cooler.

The advantage of Warframe is not just loot. but action! Other games have “loot”. but no action. something like d4, poe. You fall asleep while playing!

On 2023-11-06 at 1:13 PM, Venus-Venera said:

Nothing can be sold to me at the moment. Unless devs make sensible skins like people from steam.
Because the stuff in the game doesn't make me hot. not for plat anyway. I even play with the standard Wisp skin. because why should I buy something that looks just a little different?

So hire top designers to create little things like effects for weapon shots, skills, etc. And then you can sell it cheaply and I'm sure people will buy it in bulk because it makes everything look much cooler.

The advantage of Warframe is not just loot. but action! Other games have “loot”. but no action. something like d4, poe. You fall asleep while playing!

Did you mean to quote my post or the OP's?Seemed a more relevant response to the latter!

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Nira:

Did you mean to quote my post or the OP's?Seemed a more relevant response to the latter!

Yes. makes sense.
Because it's not a PM, I'm more used to speaking to everyone in public.
methods of addressing people, such as:
@NICKNAME
are a thing of the past.
And you need scroll tape like on Reddit and not pages like in a book. Because I read your interesting post and want to say something about the topic creator and I have to switch pages. but my contribution is gone!

• Like 1