Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expanded Somachord

Gallerine

My core issue:

One of my- and many others, I'm sure- favourite aspects of Warframe is the incredible soundtrack, it has always been an outstanding aspect of the game and has only gotten better over the last 3 years in particular.

So I wonder, why does it feel so separate and left behind..? The Somachord in our orbiter is an extremely unique feature that I don't think I've ever seen in any game before, and while it may be a small part of the grand scheme of the game, it feels like I would be brushing dust off of it once there's an update that ACTUALLY BRINGS NEW TUNES. The last new music that was brought to the somachord was Angels of the Zariman iirc. While the music in the Zariman is probably some of the best in the game (so far), it made me realise how much was left to be desired: there is an overwhelmingly significant amount of the soundtrack that is simply excluded from the Somachord entirely, with or without somachord tune fragments to be actually found in-mission.

I'd absolutely love to see some more of the background ambient music and combat music added to the options, things like 'The Veil' being the Narmer ambience and absolutely stunning, or even the Railjack Empyrean backing soundtracks, 'The Weave', 'Grab Something' or 'Storm: Category 5'.

Expanded Somachord = Expanded Profits (?)

And here's the second part that will appeal the devs and maybe possibly not the community audience: monetisation!
I understand game development is costly and difficult, but if it's earning extra income for the game it might be worthwhile, yes? I know I'd be willing to hand over some money for this...
Why not add a soundtrack "expansion-pack" style bundle to stores (I'm thinking in the Steam store not in-game, but I don't know how it'd be managed on other platforms.) so that, when purchased, it unlocks that set of music to be used in-game on the Somachord or unlocks the Somachord tune fragments showing up in a mission.

There's a lot of music missing, so it shouldn't be hard to bundle a bunch of OSTs together and make a few packs that cost like 3 bucks each pack, so there is an incentive for the user to buy, but not cost so much that it becomes a debate of "do I really want this music pack enough to spend 10 dollars on it..?"

Secondary suggestion since we're on the topic :)

It'd be nice to have selectable main menu and launcher music so we can have our favourite start-up tunes going. Could even make it so they reset when there's a new update so the user automatically gets a taste of a new one available. Maybe if you're there for the update you get it for free, but for any updates you weren't there for you gotta buy the launcher music for a small plat price (example, you joined the game for the first time in the Veilbreaker update, you'd have to purchase The Deadlock Protocol launcher/menu music for 50 plat)