Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris: A Buff In One Of Two Directions

Guristas

After playing around with this thing for a while I see two things that could potentionally be done with it. In its current state, its a bit lackluster; the damage is fine, the pellet count is a bit on the low side, and the reload speed could be tweaked to go a little faster. From there it could become one of two things.

1. Up the pellet count/damage or both, decrease reload speed, and increase the damage dropoff and turn it into a gun straight out of the Mad Max trilogy

or

2. Keep everything the same but greatly decrease/completly remove the damage dropoff so we have a shotgun that thinks its a rifle (or a pre nerf Hek).

Wait, why would you want to DECREASE the reload speed?

It's the only shotgun with two rounds per magazine. If anything it should have the fastest reload speed by default, or else you have to make its damage so high that it one-shots EVERYTHING to compensate. I'd rather not, because then it'd be even more useless against regular enemies than it currently is. 

Wait, why would you want to DECREASE the reload speed?

It's the only shotgun with two rounds per magazine. If anything it should have the fastest reload speed by default, or else you have to make its damage so high that it one-shots EVERYTHING to compensate. I'd rather not, because then it'd be even more useless against regular enemies than it currently is. 

He probably means decrease reload time. 

It is how I choose to interpret him any ways. 

He probably means decrease reload time. 

It is how I choose to interpret him any ways. 

How do spelling

But yeah, thats what I was aiming for; the tigris should have a reload speed of half a second to compliment the fact that your only loading two shells

I'd be fine if they removed it's odd firing mode and reduced the reload speed... They could also change the reload animation from putting in one shell at a time to putting in two at once.

Though, I've only really used it properly against Level 1-2 Grineer without damage mods.

If you ask me... a dbl brl should be a mix between high dmg\med crit chance\med reload weapon, that way you can have pretty much any build you want and not have it excel in any part.

For example:

increase dmg from 140>180, give it 10 18dmg pellets or give it 20 9dmg pellets per shot. Adjust the spread to be close to something between full choke and half choke on a real shotgun (meaning you can't really miss at mid range, but cant really place all the pellets where you want them).

Increase the crit chance from 2.5%>10-15%. That way you have a solid start for a crit build if you want to avoid elemental builds.

I would not exactly give it a serious sam reload, but I would not go too realistic as well. WIth a carefully placed shots with above mentioned changes reload should be brought to around 1.6-1.7 sec from current 1.8.