Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing a Warframe

(PSN)Dad_Sandals69

Question

4 answers to this question

Get Titania, she can do a lot! Makes getting around looking for stuff much quicker. At the beginning weapons are crap, so mod her pistols to be great and that will make a huge difference. You can even do steel path with them. Outside Razorwing though, she is squishy, so look to maximize her energy. GL

• Like 1

honestly, my recommendation for a great early-game frame will always be rhino.

rhino doesnt need *ANY* mods to actually make him do his job well. iron skin will work regardless and scales off of enemy damage. stomp even with no mods at rank 30 is 8 seconds of 97.5% slow and even at normal strength you get a 1.5x final damage multiplier from roar

he's not just a really good frame, he's one of the best frames in the category "ultra-low investment" which makes him such a good newbie pick.

he's easy to get though, from the jackal on venus. i'd honestly recommend saving your plat for later and just grabbing rhino.

if you struggle with stealth though, get ivara. she's a pain to get and super useful for all things stealth. 

• Like 2

Titania, Wisp, Hildryn are all great frames that are fun, powerful, with great all round kits that dont need subsumed abilities through to steelpath solo.

Titania is the easiest earliest to get, and super useful for nearly any game mission.  As mentioned above, her pistols are amazing, and even for high steel path still decent.  Don't sleep on this frame....  All frames are easy to get, just a question of how grindy the parts acquisition is.   Keep an eye on the weekly Duviri as well for the circuit frame of the week.  

/Mentat

On 2023-11-28 at 2:12 AM, (PSN)Dad_Sandals69 said:

If you could choose one warframe from the beginning of the game that you could take on any mission and feels effective, who would it be? I'm stuck between getting a few like Garuda, Revenant, Nidus, or Gauss. I'd prefer an answer that isn't very easy to grind early game. 

Thank you for any responses!

If you're wanting to buy frames with an annoying grind (especially early game) to skip - then I'd go Wisp.  You might find her healing motes and breech surge ability to be useful, and you can make specters of her to help you in missions if needed.  Her grind (Ropalolyst) is something a lot of people don't like, and not something you'd be wanting to (or maybe able to) do early game.

Hildryn is also an annoying grind that might be worth a pay to skip.  As can be Gauss, especially if you (like me) hate grinding disruptions.  I actually found the Nidus grind very chill and not annoying... but that's just me.  Revenant & Garuda end up being frames you end up with lots of spares parts of after a while of just doing bounties for other reasons, but can be annoying to farm if you want them.

Something to keep in mind though is that if you're buying frames - buying the parts to primes from Warframe Market ends up being a LOT cheaper than buying a regular frame, and doesn't have the disadvantage of being obsolete.  (By that I mean that you ideally don't want to be investing too much forma/reactors into a non-prime frame if the prime one exists, because you'll want to upgrade later) -- so if you're buying anyway, I'd personally just skip the regular and buy the prime parts.

As for the frames you've mentioned... I personally don't really like or use any of those, so none of them would be my pick for someone to buy - but that's the thing, frames come down to personal playstyle choice.  So something I like, someone else will hate, that's just the way it goes :)

I agree with other people suggesting Titania is a good frame to have early on - but her mission is so easy it's a waste of plat to buy her when you can easily do her missions.

• Like 1