Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Duviri Paradox] Shades of the Undercroft is too long, to no purpose but frustration.

Chroia

In case it's not clear, I mean this part: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Duviri_Paradox#Shades_of_the_Undercroft

Context: I've done this quest at least 4 times thus far.

Each stage would benefit from halving the number of shades you have to kill per stage.

Liminus - like Manics - can't really be hit in transit, they can't be chased down, and they spawn all the hell over the map.
Further, you need to kill a certain amount, and they're spawn-capped and spawn-rate capped.

Further, it uses 'open world' spawn logic, meaning you can't even use your abilities to nuke them from afar - they're too far even if you were using a non-loaner build.
Instead you're stuck either trying to shoot them with a travel-time Boltor, shotgun-spread Tigris, shotgun-spread Pyrana, or pinpoint them in their short windows of visibility -assuming you even have a clear LoS- with the Lex.

And it's not even as if they can meaningfully hurt you.

Which means, in practice, that you're stuck standing around doing nothing as they slowly make their way towards you, in ones and twos (out of iirc ~80 per stage), and there's very little you can do to speed it up.

And it's not even like the mission time needs to be padded so the VO can finish.

Honestly, the player's best solution is to pick the Fragor, weigh down RMB+E and go do something else for a while.
If the least frustrating thing the player (specifically me) can do, is not play the game (then come back, kill the 5-7 Liminus that are hanging around, and leave again), there's a problem.

Please either (visibly) time each stage, or lower the number of shades you need to kill.

Edited by Chroia