Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The moonwalk bug (animation hard lock)

_GoodLuck_

The age of this bug is approx. 2-3 years and still no fix. I have encountered the bug many times since transference was updated (I mean you can walk around as the operator not flying over a warframe).

The bug is simple: I'm unable to do most of the actions (like shooting, using melee, abilities, transference). Next lines of text is the template from the the guideline.

• How can this bug be reproduced? The bug is very random but I found some kind of pattern:
    • I'm client. I didn't encounter the bug while I was host. You might think that my host had bad internet connection, but as I said that's not happening every time.
    • I use transference a lot. After transference, I immediately use an operator ability and then back into warframe (transference again). The bug I encountered most often was in The Chain mode. Unfortunately, that happens in the regular game modes.
    • Sometimes I play Garuda. I installed two Archon yellow shards (casting speed) into her. I like to spam her 4 a lot and USE TRANSFERENCE! And sometimes I got into the bug again. I can't jump at all but I can do other actions like shooting. meleeing. using transference and ect. But after using transference I can jump once and then unable to do it. Some animations looks like they are finished but engine thinks in other way.
  • Can you provide your build and game settings?
    • Build: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 4070 Ti, 32GB RAM, Windows 10, SSD installed. Using internet cable, not wifi. Internet ~100Mb. Nothing overclocked;
    • Game settings: set default to high quality;
  • What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?  Client.
  • Can you share any images or a video of the bug?
    I'm sorry for Russian UI. Let me know if you need additional information.
  • Making sure the issue still occurs in the game's current version is important so that we can be sure we aren't chasing old issues. Yes. Still happening.
  • If you get the crash reporter,  Please do not ignore the text box, and put in any information that you can think of about what was happening in the game at the moment you crashed. If you are writing about a problem where you got the crash reporter, pasting the "WAR number"  that it showed you (it looks like this:  WAR-12345678) can help us tie things together. Nope, it's fine.

EDIT: the bug resets when i get staggered. You can see this at 2:43 in the video.

Every time I get the bug I post a video of it. Thanks for reading the post and good luck :)

Edited by _GoodLuck_
Better topic name
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Possible reproduction (0:07):

Immediately quit to the Operator form before Thrax' beam touches you. Accurate timings required. As you see I wasn't unable to use any ability (check bottom right corner) and shoot. After getting a beam stun again (0:27) deadlock frees.

Edited by _GoodLuck_

• 2 weeks later...

Something is wrong with the Operator (0:18):

I just used Unairu abilities and then my bullet-jump and regular jump stopped responding. Look how stupid and funny it looks when you try to roll in mid-air (0:48-0:50)

Edited by _GoodLuck_

• _GoodLuck_ changed the title to Animation deadlock/desync
  • _GoodLuck_ changed the title to Animation deadlock/desync (moonwalk, etc.)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • _GoodLuck_ changed the title to The moonwalk bug you know about
  • _GoodLuck_ changed the title to The moonwalk bug (animation hard lock)
  • 2 weeks later...