Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Viability Re-Evaluation

Adenela

so the problem with damage 1.0 was that most weapons were generally useless if they did not have armor ignore with the exception of like 3 or 4 weapons that happen to do ridiculous amounts of damage to compensate.

With damage 2.0, most weapons went from armor ignore to normal weapons. crappy armor ignore weapons which were better than decent non armor ignore weapons are now just crappy weapons. decent non armor ignore weapons such as the hek are now pretty damn powerful. some weapons which depend on certain mods to be viable are no longer affected by those mods and if they are then less so. i will set a few examples so that the developers can re-examine existing weapons that may not have been affected by damage 2.0 as intended.

1. illogical transition

hikou does mostly puncture damage rather than slash.

amphis and bo can do puncture and slash damage but they're poles?

twin gremlins have a balanced physical damage set rather than focused on impact/puncture(it used to be physics impact).

ignis is a flamethrower but a hek can light enemies on fire more often what?(i understand this is a balance issue but its still pretty weird)

2. decent armor ignore weapons reduced to nonviable normal weapons

bo used to be physics impact and now it seems to have nothing going for it. it doesn't even have a good status chance.

boltor, bolto, and akbolto used to last till end game but are easily skipped now. will anyone use them?

dual ethers used to be decent but now they lost the one thing they had going for them

3. nonviable weapons are still nonviable?

weapons like the kraken, bo, amphis, ankryos, all longswords, ect are still mastery fodder. damage 2.0 has done basically nothing for them. it also doesn't help that they aren't particularly attractive. perhaps the damage can remain the same(or lowered for balance) so that they can have a much higher status effect chance to make them more for utility?

4. rending strike logic

used to be the perfect mod for charge weapons like the galatine but almost all of the charge focused weapons are mainly slash damage. most of the viable normal attack weapons(daggers) are puncture damage. rending strike should be changed to slash damage.

5. braton

the first enemy new players encounter are the grineer but the mk1 braton does slash damage? slower braton but doesn't do puncture damage?

vandal=prime. i remember this being talked about in a livestream

"In an ideal world, all weapons would be viable"

Edited by lkkie

so the problem with damage 1.0 was that most weapons were generally useless if they did not have armor ignore with the exception of like 3 or 4 weapons that happen to do ridiculous amounts of damage to compensate.

With damage 2.0, most weapons went from armor ignore to normal weapons. crappy armor ignore weapons which were better than decent non armor ignore weapons are now just crappy weapons. decent non armor ignore weapons such as the hek are now pretty damn powerful. some weapons which depend on certain mods to be viable are no longer affected by those mods and if they are then less so. i will set a few examples so that the developers can re-examine existing weapons that may not have been affected by damage 2.0 as intended.

1. illogical transition

hikou does mostly puncture damage rather than slash.

amphis and bo can do puncture and slash damage but they're poles?

twin gremlins have a balanced physical damage set rather than focused on impact/puncture(it used to be physics impact).

ignis is a flamethrower but a hek can light enemies on fire more often what?(i understand this is a balance issue but its still pretty weird)

2. decent armor ignore weapons reduced to nonviable normal weapons

bo used to be physics impact and now it seems to have nothing going for it. it doesn't even have a good status chance.

boltor, bolto, and akbolto used to last till end game but are easily skipped now. will anyone use them?

dual ethers used to be decent but now they lost the one thing they had going for them

3. nonviable weapons are still nonviable?

weapons like the kraken, bo, amphis, ankryos, all longswords, ect are still mastery fodder. damage 2.0 has done basically nothing for them. it also doesn't help that they aren't particularly attractive. perhaps the damage can remain the same(or lowered for balance) so that they can have a much higher status effect chance to make them more for utility?

4. rending strike logic

used to be the perfect mod for charge weapons like the galatine but almost all of the charge focused weapons are mainly slash damage. most of the viable normal attack weapons(daggers) are puncture damage. rending strike should be changed to slash damage.

5. braton

the first enemy new players encounter are the grineer but the mk1 braton does slash damage? slower braton but doesn't do puncture damage?

vandal=prime. i remember this being talked about in a livestream

"In an ideal world, all weapons would be viable"

I can see where you're going , and it's true , most weapons are still not viable *Cough* melee *cough* .

I think the worst from your list is the braton xD , didn't notice the change since I long sold it , but I can imagine new players having an extremely hard time without even knowing why

Edited by Da_Killa

I also noticed this when Damage 2.0 came out...... I was hyped up when Flux Rifle basically  got nerfed (MNost of you might not understand - they didn't jsut make the damage not being ignored by armor but they decreased it as well).

I still hope all the weapons will be viable in their tier.

But melee needs to be seriouslly changed from animation to damage and utility. Now I use a machete with blast only for the stun. I don't use melee for damage because it's not efficient.

Edited by nekrojiji

It's still early days for damage 2.0, and while it seems a whole mess of useless right now, we can assume theres more scope to adjust it than the original system.

Wait for a few further passes on the system, submit feedback and see if it makes a difference.