Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's Blending Talons Augment Inquiry and Minor Buff Proposition

iiReapzx

So I'd first like to ask, does anyone actually use Blending Talons for the extra combo count chance? Personally, I just use it for turning Seeking Talons into an instant tap AOE, and I'd reckon that's what the majority of people use it for.

I think the whole combo count chance part of this augment mod is, simply put, mid. For one thing, it only works on Garuda's own Talons melee. If it gave you the extra combo count chance for any melee weapon then it would be a bit more useful and worth it. But imo this augment mods best/main use is changing Seeking Talons to an AOE.

For those reasons, I think they should buff the AOE from base 9 meters to base 10 meters. This would give the augment the same range as the explosion from Garuda's 1st ability which would make a lot more sense as the 1st and 4th ability synergize with each other. I don't think adding 1 extra meter would be anything game breaking either, especially since this ability isn't really meant for/capable of killing (at least in higher levels) but rather debuffing enemies. And if it really came down to that, I'd prefer them to just outright remove the combo count chance part of the augment in exchange for more range on the AOE.

What do y'all think? Any Garuda mains out there that would like this change?

• Like 2

On 2023-12-10 at 2:47 PM, iiReapzx said:

So I'd first like to ask, does anyone actually use Blending Talons for the extra combo count chance? Personally, I just use it for turning Seeking Talons into an instant tap AOE, and I'd reckon that's what the majority of people use it for.

Eh, you got me there. Forgot the combo part exists

I think the whole combo count chance part of this augment mod is, simply put, mid. For one thing, it only works on Garuda's own Talons melee. If it gave you the extra combo count chance for any melee weapon then it would be a bit more useful and worth it. But imo this augment mods best/main use is changing Seeking Talons to an AOE.

Always thought of it as more of a bonus, less of an actual augment change. It’s rare having augments able to do two different things.

For those reasons, I think they should buff the AOE from base 9 meters to base 10 meters. This would give the augment the same range as the explosion from Garuda's 1st ability which would make a lot more sense as the 1st and 4th ability synergize with each other. I don't think adding 1 extra meter would be anything game breaking either, especially since this ability isn't really meant for/capable of killing (at least in higher levels) but rather debuffing enemies. And if it really came down to that, I'd prefer them to just outright remove the combo count chance part of the augment in exchange for more range on the AOE.

Completely agree, more synergy is great, and adding one more meter or more of a QoL if anything. 

What do y'all think? Any Garuda mains out there that would like this change?

Would enjoy it, last thing I need is to use the augment then period ball, only to not hit the enemies with the fourth.

• Like 1