Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updated Driver Slowdown

AnonCat

The GeForce GT 335M from Nvidia.

Ah, that clarifies it. You said CPU driver before, I wasn't sure if it was an Intel platform driver or what.

Since it's a GPU driver, you should absolutely roll back to a previous driver. The 335M is an older part, and I sincerely doubt it will see any performance benefit from using the newest Nvidia driver, as current drivers generally focus on improving performance in parts currently on the market. From what I've read, if you have an Alienware or Dell machine, they don't like to play nice with the reference drivers from Nvidia. That may apply to other manufacturers, too. I'd recommend starting at your laptop manufacturer's website and using the most recent driver they have for your specific model -- if that doesn't work for you for whatever reason, only then should you move on and try some older revisions from Nvidia's site.

Good luck, hopefully moving to an older driver will restore your performance.

It may not be your GPU. People have been having FPS issues and general choppy performance a few days into U11.

No solution has been found yet, but it may be worth your while to try reading these to see whether anything works for you:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132933-u11-fps-issue/page-2#entry1652447

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/138459-frame-rate-and-performance-issue/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137457-terrible-performance-since-u11/

Hope that it doesn't turn out to be your GPU, and it turns out it's just early U11 issues that will all be fixed soon. :)

Edited by samcab

I tried this, but my old driver was cleared when I downloaded the new. The official Nvidia website only has newer drivers. Am I just screwed for now?

Don't give up yet. Go to your laptop manufacturer's support site and download the version they provide. For an older model, this is likely to be based on an older Nvidia driver, and close to (if not exactly) the version you had previously.

It may not be your GPU.

Your input is appreciated, but OP already said performance issues started directly after a driver upgrade in this particular case. I would also note that your issue seems to be different from the three threads you've responded to, and therefore you should probably make a new post with as much detail as you can, including system specs. That will give you the best chance at getting assistance with a fix or workaround until the devs get things patched up.