Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U11 Fps Issue

R.Mika

I downloaded the new update and get into the new star chart menu and notice its significantly slower. I think nothing of it and try to jump into a game, first thing I notice is the huge frame drops. Is this happening to anybody else or is it just me?

Normal amount of frames for my is 30 fps for menu and 20 fps in game.

Update 11 now enables multithreaded rendering by default. Try disabling that in the launcher options (gear icon on the upper right). It causes lag for me as well under Wine, while it's fine without it. Give it a shot.

Thank you that seems to fix the frames issue

i'm having some odd issues as well. 

for the first couple hours, U11 was beautiful, my performance actually increased, less happenings of performance drops from time to time.

i even re-enabled PhysX, to see what happened. in the past, i'd decided to disable it because while it was usually fine, once again, performance drops from time to time. no longer had such performance drops with PhysX on. great!

but, now all of a sudden, my framerate in the menu is crap. horrible. but it was fine not 20 minutes ago. 

verified the file integrity, and menu framerate was still absolutely abysmal. 

idgi. not 20 minutes ago, was a constant 60FPS in menu / matches. now? 43-45 in menu, with huge stuttering. i haven't even tried playing another mission, the menu framerate is scary enough. 

since i've changed nothing in the past 20 minutes, i don't see why all of a sudden the game would be unplayable.

edit:

i did accidentally make myself crash, but i fail to see how that would affect performance permanently.

edit2:

well, just as bad in match. identically as bad as menus though, if my machine was actually randomly performing horribly for no reason at all, it would have gotten worse in match with the extra load.

edit3:

scratch everything, today it's perfectly fine. whatever. 

i'll take perfect performance and not complain though, hehe. 

Edited by taiiat

I have been noticing a steady decrease in performance since the later part of U10. I was suddenly hit with the white fog from essencially nowhere.

When I saw that U11 had arrived I was really hoping to see the errors/clitches/bugs fall back to low level annoyances. Unfortunately this has not been the case for me.
I no longer seem to be experiencing the white fog that would almost lock the game up for about a minute, but that issue has been replaced with many more performance issues. The main one is that after the game has been active for about an hour I drop from a pretty steady (vsynced) 60FPS to 30FPS and lower. It happens in missions or menus and doesn't stop if you enter or leave a mission. The client must be restarted.

I have also been watching my G.card begin to heat up at an alarming rate. I've had to manually control the fan and ramp it higher than it hass ever needed to go to keep it from going over 70oC. I've seen many games that want some high resource usage, but this is actually shocking to me. I've never seen my G.card at 70oC in all the time I have had it.

I've tried switching multi-threading off and on, doesn't make any difference.

Basic P.C Specs:
CPU: AMD 8350 (8x4.0Gig)
RAM: 8Gig
GPU: HD5850 Saphire

EDIT:
As a side not; I also noticed that the 'Primary' in the colour customisation screen is was not correctly aligned. (It seems fine now.)

Edited by Jobs2k

This might actually have something to do with the added content. Every time there is an update there are usually issues because they always add more content into the game, and too much of it in one place, and not bothering to optimize it, leads to massive drops in framerate regardless of what machine you have. 

I've had this massive issue and there doesn't seem to be anything out there to fix it, so it must be the game itself, devouring 90% of the CPU more than necessary. The game was running fine for me before the update hit, maybe some stutter on occasion but I could actually play the game. Now I cannot get anywhere higher than 10 fps a few minutes into the game fighting enemies. 

It's abominable

Guess my system is telling me not to come back, and I might just follow through.

try disableing directx11 in the launcher

So a game that used to run perfectly fine at 60 FPS on my system with DX11 now needs to be run with DX9/10 because my graphics card no longer seems able to cope?

Does this also apply to my clan-mate and friend who recently bought a HD7990 that should be able to go to sleep while running this game?

Your solution may be acceptable/reasonable for 'lowend' machines, but mid-range and above should (and have) run this game perfectly well before.

I just hope the DE team aren't working more on the PS4 release and forgetting their 'bread and butter' P.C patrons...

credits to

taiiat

enabling vsync makes everything super smooth....

(edit only for people with more than 60fps d'oh)

Yep, not helpful to people who can't even get the refresh rate where vsync might actually take effect. Good to see you correct the error though. :)

So a game that used to run perfectly fine at 60 FPS on my system with DX11 now needs to be run with DX9/10 because my graphics card no longer seems able to cope?

Does this also apply to my clan-mate and friend who recently bought a HD7990 that should be able to go to sleep while running this game?

Your solution may be acceptable/reasonable for 'lowend' machines, but mid-range and above should (and have) run this game perfectly well before.

I just hope the DE team aren't working more on the PS4 release and forgetting their 'bread and butter' P.C patrons...

Yep, not helpful to people who can't even get the refresh rate where vsync might actually take effect. Good to see you correct the error though. :)

well its still an fps problem that correction was actually made because i forgot that some people dont have over 100 fps, but yeah with 120fps its supposed to be smooth, strangely its not smooth without vsync, with vsync it gets smooth, and no im not talking about the glitches that happens with every game without vsync enabled.

hi peeps seem to be having a bit of a FPS prob. my self and my clan seem to be playing fine and the out of no ware at 15+ wave on any survival we all drop as for down as 1FPS its not a DX11 or Vsync thing all i no is that my GPU switches of and the same for the peeps that im playing with. 

Same issue here guys, only seems to happen when the camera moves around for me, even in menus when the star chart zooms in, or the warframe model moves about. In game, if I run around or move my view around, it gets really choppy, and I'm getting the same performance with any settings that worked for me before.

Regarding Multi-Thread Rendering, I've always had that on, and it's always helped a great deal, so I don't think that the fact that it's enabled by default is the issue, as for DX11, I've always switched that off for reliability, so it's not that either.

Here's hoping that it's an U11 issue that will be cleared with the next hotfix. :)