Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gamepad Purchase

Morgax

Question

Title.

Anyone with experience, I ask thee: which to buy?

Are there any issues with them, like buttons getting stuck, not being able to reasign the key etc...?

I want to try out the "console experience" (which includes super comfy sofa, my laptop, TV, 6 meters long HDMI cable, and the mentioned Gamepad).

Edited by Morgax

7 answers to this question

I use a wired xbox 360 controller for a majority of PC gaming.

Certain games I prefer a mouse and keyboard over a gamepad. Warframe is one of those games. When using a gamepad, there is this incredibly annoying auto lock on feature that drives me crazy. I also found using abilities and sprinting really irritating. As far as reassigning buttons to personal liking, you can pretty much set anything you want anywhere. 

Honestly keyboard and mouse is hard to beat for Warframe, especially if you are used to it. If you get a gamepad, it will throw you off for sure. It just didn't feel right to me, the few times I tried it.

Edited by KingKeif

Give the PS4 controller a shot, I am not a PC Warframe player but I hear the designed the PS4 interface to work better on the PC.  No software interface from what I have read.

I love the feel of it compared to the Xbox One but I think the Xbox One controller is a downgrade from the 360 controller.  No idea why they scrapped the adjustable d-pad.

Just my 2 cents

Wireless 360 gamepad.

When I bother with such things (and a few games do need it), that's what I use. It's about as good as it gets for now.

I've yet to try an XB1 gamepad, but I don't feel the 360 one is lacking in any particular fashion. I've never cared for the stick arrangement on the Sony pads and their near clones. I did use a wireless Logitech one back when (PSO Blue Burst), but it's far inferior to the 360 controller.

Give the PS4 controller a shot, I am not a PC Warframe player but I hear the designed the PS4 interface to work better on the PC.  No software interface from what I have read.

I love the feel of it compared to the Xbox One but I think the Xbox One controller is a downgrade from the 360 controller.  No idea why they scrapped the adjustable d-pad.

Just my 2 cents

Wish i could, it's not available here yet. Plus pretty costly in comparison.

Wireless 360 gamepad.

When I bother with such things (and a few games do need it), that's what I use. It's about as good as it gets for now.

I've yet to try an XB1 gamepad, but I don't feel the 360 one is lacking in any particular fashion. I've never cared for the stick arrangement on the Sony pads and their near clones. I did use a wireless Logitech one back when (PSO Blue Burst), but it's far inferior to the 360 controller.

I generally shun the wireless technology, plus from what i've seen it's either batteries or buying charging station for it. 

I'm wondering if anyone tried gamepads outside 2 console ones.

You may want to try the wired 360 controller.  I would have to believe mose gamepads are going to be based around either PS or Xbox unless you go outside the box then you going to be looking as some $$.

I was using the wired AfterGlow 360 controller to play Dark Souls on PC, worked great just depends on your pref. to stick location and overall feel of the controller.  I think they are around $30 at GameStop.

Viro

Wired Xbox360 controller works really well with Warframe.

I wouldn't touch brands like madzcats & such. better of paying a tad more & have something more durable. 

I still use the original controller than came with my white Xbox 360. 

Have fun

Wired Xbox360 controller works really well with Warframe.

I wouldn't touch brands like madzcats & such. better of paying a tad more & have something more durable. 

I still use the original controller than came with my white Xbox 360. 

Have fun

Guess 360 wired is the winner then pretty much everyone seem to recommend it.

Thank you for your responses everyone.