The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Client language defines chat region

DragoVanij

I recently came back to the game and saw that my native language was added. I thought it was very cool and I had to play. But I noticed a very big problem: because I changed the client language, there are only a few active players in my region, and it becomes impossible to find a group and to join  adventures (yes, i know about warframe official discord, but it can`t replace the ingame chat).
As far as I know, this problem is widespread not only in my region (Client language - UA). Therefore, if it is possible, I`m asking  DE , why not make a common European chat or regional chat that will always appear based not on the language that is set in the client settings, but in the region that we choose in the settings directly at the game. If I am playing from Portugal or Ukraine or the Czech Republic, why can't I talk to other people from my own region of Europe in the chat? It seems to me that the only correct solution is to add a separate block in the settings menu so that you can select the target region for chatting. This will make it much easier to find a group for people whose game client is set to languages other than English. The only way for me to do this is to switch to the English client and go to the chat room to communicate there. But in this case, the question arises for whom localization is done at all if it simply cuts people off from their region. In my case, it's a European region where English is the main language of international communication, which i`l like to join, but accoridng to the game realities - the only way to join it: Abandon your native language and switch to English.

• Like 3

This is a big issue for a long time now. I think all chats and regions should be mixed, but players could adjust their settings to toggle languages. This would then apply to their matchmaking as well to avoid running missions where the person doesn't understand what they are saying. A huge issue I encounter right now as an English player is when someone writes me a message and it comes up as ****** instead of something I could translate and try to help them with.

• Like 3

Warframe is a huge game played all around the world. It's great that DE supports many languages; playing in your native language is always a plus. However, there's a real issue with region segregation. It would be awesome if there was an option in settings to add or switch regions without changing the client's language. It's genuinely tough to find a squad or trade when there are only 10 people in your region's chat, and that's an integral part of the gaming experience.

• Like 2