The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random 10 Second Freezes

siiksai

It doesn't seem to matter what tileset or what enemies I'm fighting, once in a while my game just locks up (since U11) for a solid 10 seconds, then manages to recover. Other players in my game have reported that the game still runs (I host) and that I'm just standing there in the level.

I have this exact same issue.

No indication in game perfomance or FPS meter showing if it was going to freeze up.

It can happen standing still waiting for someone to press a button or in the heat of combat.

After the initial freeze for 8-10 seconds, nothing will take damage and just continue the same action it was performing prior to freeze. Within a few seconds it cause Host Migration and places me back in.

Any items that I had gained before the Host Migration I lose, including all credits and experience.

My computer continues to work perfectly fine, but the game is unresponsive during those 8-10 seconds.

If needing any more info I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and provide updated details when I can.

I have an active support ticket about this very issue.

Here is the suggested fix so far:

According to your previous statements and your logs, the first thing that I recommend you to do is to make sure UPnP is DISABLED in Warframe as well as in your router settings.

Also, please forward the same ports both in Warframe and your router, in your case, ports 4970 and 4971 on UDP only, ports 80 and 443 on both TCP and UDP.

Please visit this website for more instructions on how to forward ports:http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Warframe/

Choose your router and Warframe and follow the instructions for manual Port Forwarding and Internal Static IP.

This did not work for me, but it's at least worth a shot.

Edited by Indyssien

The next suggestion in my support ticket:

Please add an exception to all of your firewall and anti-virus software (including Windows Firewall) for the "Launcher.exe", "Warframe.x64.exe", and "Warframe.exe". Also please make sure to check your proxy settings: search for Internet Options on the Windows Control Panel, click on the “Connections – LAN Settings” tab and make sure that the “use automatic configuration script” and “proxy server” options are UN-checked.

Again, this did not work for me but still worth a shot.

I think I found a solution for this issue in the topic nearby. Works fine for me for an hour without a single freeze.

In the launcher settings (click the gear icon in the upper right corner), deselect multithreaded rendering. This option was enabled by default for the first time with update 11, and it sounds like it doesn't play nicely with your system. That should put you back to normal performance.

Thanks to Morcant.

Edited by LittleGreyOwl

Next suggestion:

Please try change the network ports used by your PC.

1. click little gear in upper right of star map 
2. change the Network Ports [uDP] to another range of numbers (first PC will be using 3960 & 3962 so pick another pair)

Don't forget to change the ports on your router if you did port forwarding.

Neither this nor the multithreaded rendering worked for me.

Next suggestion from my ticket:

For now, please change both start-port and end-port to 4970. Then, please add another line and set both start-port and end-port to 4971. Because according to your log, ports 4970 and 4971 are selected in your Warframe in-game setting. Please make sure both your router and Warframe are using the same ports.

This did not work for me, but it did seem to have a slight improvement for the first 4-5 missions.  Of course, after that it went back to being unable to complete a single mission without disconnect.

• 2 weeks later...

Next suggestion from my support ticket:

I would recommend doing a verify and defrag on your download cache. You can do this in the launcher settings menu.

If that won't work, a fully uninstall and re-install Warframe might help. Please make sure that all of your Warframe files are deleted before re-installing the game.

Please let me know if it solved your problem.

This did not work for me.  

I ended up just re-installing windows, and I have been playing for several days now without the host migration bug.  I will say, however, that dealing with the support team at DE was a pleasure after dealing with support teams from other games.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had that issue today during a mission, the first time. My settings were always the same:

Res: 1600 x 900

FoV - Maxed

Display Mode: FS

AA: OFF (it blurs, instead of sharpening the edges, causes me a lot of headache <.<' but was ON before)

High Dynamic Range: ON

Local Refl. OFF

ON (Dx11 option)

ON

ON

ON

ON

ON

ON

ON (Dx11 option)

Shadow Qual.: Medium

Texture Memory: High

VSync: OFF (causes aim delay)

I am playing with these settings since from the scratch and never faced stuttering nor freezing, except today... could that happen because of the latest hotfix?

I've also been having this issue. Seems to randomly occur in missions, menu, even while loading (the progress bar will stop blinking).

It also seems to happen a lot when I exit the mod config screen on a weapon/frame/sentinel.

In missions, about half the time things will carry on fine after the "freeze", but it seems like if it is a longer hang, I will either be dropped from the game or all my teammates will get host migrated.

For a long time I assumed this was just my comp (cause I'm running windows on a mac and other such kooky things). Good to know I'm not the only one, hope they can solve it for us all.

Hey i have a similar issue like this. Most of the time it only happens in the Void and its for around half a second. Sometimes it goes up to 3Sec. 

Whats weird: Me and my friend got the freezes at the same moment. Most of the time its either only me or only him who is freezing, but sometimes we freeze at the same moment for the same time. 

It is a complete freeze like the game just crashed, not the kind of freeze that is caused by lag in many other games. 

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i've seen it before, most of times when I'm host. (I have static outside ip), but the freeze was nothing like 10sec. It was 1sec or sometimes less. No cpu/gpu/hdd/net spike was noticed during this time (frames were still being counted FPS from fraps).

Thanks

When multi threaded rendering was implemented everything was great, now these stutters/freezes come from nowhere, i expierince that in void missions mostly but in standard missions too , after that everyone disconnect if freeze is long or i just need to force whutdown pc when bored to wait, i tried to different graphical settings but there is no cure , fps is great on max or low.

ive been having the freezes since about update 9. i DID manage to FIX THEM DURING UPDATE 10 by force crashing the drivers for my bamboo tablet drivers, but that stopped fixing it in update 11. i did cut freeze time down from 20-30 seconds down to around 5-10 by turning video memory UP.