The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random 10 Second Freezes

siiksai

I have this problem too, it's horribly unfair because if I'm doing a void or derelict there is a 50% chance I'll DC(and if I'm hosting, that means everyone else too) and everything we've collected is lost.

So here is what I see happening. Warframe finds something it needs to think reeeeeeally hard about, it uses 99% CPU(I've checked, for the entire freeze it's 98-99%) for 5-25 seconds and effectively freezes. While it's frozen like this it's not communicating with the host and the connection of course times out and is dropped. If you're the host, then everyone else is dropped instead. It's not the connection that's the problem, it's something the engine is chewing to hard on.

If we can increase the timeout limit to 30 or even 45 seconds(or better yet, have an option in the settings) I bet it would at least fix the host migration problem. Yeah it's only fixing part of the problem, but it's totally unfair and very, very demoralizing when you get nothing for your work. I'd love to play more void vaults, but it's not worth the bother if there's a chance I'm just gonna get randomly kicked and lose everything, that is NOT FUN.

I have this problem too, it's horribly unfair because if I'm doing a void or derelict there is a 50% chance I'll DC(and if I'm hosting, that means everyone else too) and everything we've collected is lost.

So here is what I see happening. Warframe finds something it needs to think reeeeeeally hard about, it uses 99% CPU(I've checked, for the entire freeze it's 98-99%) for 5-25 seconds and effectively freezes. While it's frozen like this it's not communicating with the host and the connection of course times out and is dropped. If you're the host, then everyone else is dropped instead. It's not the connection that's the problem, it's something the engine is chewing to hard on.

If we can increase the timeout limit to 30 or even 45 seconds(or better yet, have an option in the settings) I bet it would at least fix the host migration problem. Yeah it's only fixing part of the problem, but it's totally unfair and very, very demoralizing when you get nothing for your work. I'd love to play more void vaults, but it's not worth the bother if there's a chance I'm just gonna get randomly kicked and lose everything, that is NOT FUN.

i have random freezes too, like yours. but I don't have any high cpu usage. since i got a problem randomly getting 100% cpu usage when gaming because of DLL that eats 40% of my cpu. So try to run process explorer, and can you post your processes here? 

I've run Warframe in a window with the process manager in the background so I could see exactly what was going on. Every time it's been Warframe.exe that uses 99% of the CPU when it freezes, and drops back to normal when the game resumes. I'll try get the processes tomorrow, but for now, I sleep!

Freezes, Freezes, Freezes, Freezes Freezes.

Since the patch me and some of my friends get alot of those goddamn freezes. 

I had that before in the void but only sometimes but now it can happen on every map and it happens in around 80% of all rounds i play. 

Today it got even worse. I tried to play a goddamn alert 6 times but i can'T finish it. 

Either it's freezes every ~ 4 seconds for around 1-10 seconds or it starts freezing half way trough until the wohle game crashes. 

CPU and GPU are on 100% load when this happens.

This is unplayable! 

System:

I5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz

8GB DDR3-1600

GTX 680

Temps are good, and it only happens in Warframe. 

Pretty frustrating that i can't play my zephyr. 

Edited by Gentlemoa

It's funny, I tried the last Vauban helm alert 6 times and failed too, I guess 6 times is either the amount of failure you can fit into a single alert or the amount of times it takes to rage quit and promise to never play again.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the hangs too, but i did manage to reduce their rate and severity significantly enough that i dont get host migrated very often. Warframe actually seems to be having some sort of INPUT CONFLICT.

i dont know if this will help others much or not, but crashing out my Bamboo Tablet drivers causes a noticeable decrease in hang rate.

If you have an Nvidia Card and recently updated drivers to 334.89 try rolling back to 332.21.  I had no stuttering until I installed 334, when back to the previous driver and its smooth again.  Changing the PhysX library made no difference.

This is till an issue for me.  Freezes mid game for 3-6 seconds.  Sometimes it will recover, sometimes host migration, occasionally crash to desktop.  When I first started to play a couple months ago it was solid as a rock, so something's taken a step backwards.

It's unplayable for me.. stuttering/freezes, takes for ever to load game/level. even the menu freezes like everytime I choose a planet..

780gtx, i7-2600k @ 4.5ghz running the game on a SSD..

Can't test the new nvidia driver (334.89) becouse Planetside 2 has a known issue with em.

Edit: A video http://youtu.be/LHsrQ6OhbqY

Edit2: Works fine again after 12.4.0 patch

Edited by Astor99

For the whole month I stopped playing warframe because of the constant freezes even when I'm not doing a mission. For me a freeze lasts forever and I have to turn off my computer and turn it back on again. It freaking annoys me every time I do a mission or an alert with a good reward and right when I extract, it locks up.

Edited by TheVerdict

Exact same issue here. The game just freezes up for 8-10 seconds. When it comes back, I'm kicked from the mission. I try playing it solo, but it freezes up in solo, in weapon menus, hell, just once it just froze up while I was about the click the exit button.

The system is fine, memory is not full, CPU relaxed, not loading anything new or anything...

I thinks its some internal warframe process that contacts with their servers -times out-, resulting in freeze.

*(I don't have anything yet to back this up)

I will try looking at this 2morrow with hub and wireshark ~ also will monitor ports and connections to see whats going on, and will attempt to recreate this.

From what I've seen people have completely different hardware and there's nothing in common there. I've seen that the issue is mostly occurring while hosting a game.

It doesn't seem to matter what tileset or what enemies I'm fighting, once in a while my game just locks up (since U11) for a solid 10 seconds, then manages to recover. Other players in my game have reported that the game still runs (I host) and that I'm just standing there in the level.

Yep, happens to me too.

Sometimes I recover.

Sometimes game crashes.

Started somewhere mid U11. Got worse after U12.1.x

After U12.4.1 became extremely frustrating.

Hey guys, my brother had this problem and it seems that I have fixed it.

Info on how I think we got the problem:

We used to have the steam version but then migrated to the non steam version because its easier to update multiple PCs by copying the updated "downloaded" folder to the other PC. The default installation folder would be "C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Warframe" if you are using Win7 or 8. we changed ours to "C:\Warframe". Then we had the freeze then disconnect issue by October or November, it was until yesterday that I checked the files because I thought it was a Windows related problem rather than the game itself.  So I tried checking every stuff even the registry. The registry points to the default Warframe directory (the one under the appdata folder) instead of the new one (C:\Warframe). I believe this was the cause of the problem.

Problems:

His game freezes for five seconds. If the freeze goes for 10 seconds or more, he gets disconnected whether he is the host or client.

This usually happens if a door opens or in the extraction part where the Warframe ride the escape pod.

Solution that worked work me:

We removed Warframe completely by uninstalling it then deleting any trace of Warframe in the machine such as removing the Warframe files in Appdata folder and in the Windows registry. Then we installed it again, so far the game is running fine.

I thinks its some internal warframe process that contacts with their servers -times out-, resulting in freeze.

*(I don't have anything yet to back this up)

I will try looking at this 2morrow with hub and wireshark ~ also will monitor ports and connections to see whats going on, and will attempt to recreate this.

From what I've seen people have completely different hardware and there's nothing in common there. I've seen that the issue is mostly occurring while hosting a game.

Ok, It seems this is exactly the cause the warframe host sporadically contacts DE db servers. When it contacts other player clients to compile new table it sometimes times out... resulting in freezes.

I had the same issue: 

Reinstalled windows completely -> didn't work

reinstalled nvidia drivers -> didnt work

what worked is: reinstalling warframe. 1) delete warframe 2) delete all warframe related stuff. 3) reinstall warframe

still freezes + lags like crazy when i host

Edited by buriburi

i fixed the freezes: unistalled Framework 4.0. 

now i have stuttering instead of freezing. 

fps issue and lags still not fixed. 

it would be nice if you find a fix for your fps/lag/freeze prob that you post it here. 

Same here, and tinkering with the settings, even on lowest or on highest doesn't change it, also yes if the freeze is long enough it kicks me out of the room if I'm not host, or kicks everyone else out of my room if I'm host, because they don't receive a response from my PC.

Also happening only since U12 for me.( or somewhere around there)

Mind you, when the game is not freezing I get the usual ~40 FPS in void and ~60 FPS anywhere else. It just doesn't make sense, wish DE would revert their performance updates to before U12.

This should be priority #1 for DE right now, not content, because content means nothing if people can't access it.

Edited by Sebastianx