Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Melee 2.0--Let's Call It That--Will Work In My Head

WondahBoah

It's no secret that DE is planning on revamping melee combat with a new combo system. This is just a list of things I think will/should be in the fix.

1. De-clutter melee attack mods. An idea borrowed from this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137568-how-about-we-roll-all-melee-damagespeed-related-mods-into-one/

Instead, I'm suggesting rolling charge damage and regular damage into one damage mod, and charge speed and attack speed into one attack speed mod.

2a. Chainable attacks. There should be 2 series of attack combos: light and heavy. Light attacks hit faster but heavy attacks hit harder, and the two can be mixed together in a chain a la Vindictus. Charge attacks would be limited to certain weapons as unique 1-hit heavy attacks.

2b. Varying animation types by weapon.

DE could create 2 attack animation sets for each weapon type to keep it fresh between melees.

For example, longswords could have the current animation style, the barbaric one on the Machete, or a more fluid katana/rapier cross for Dakra or Pangolin.

Fragor would be an example of a weapon with a chainable charge as its heavy attack. I'd imagine a 3 hit light combo followed by a charged power swing.

Weapons/#of potential animation styles

Longswords/3

Dual/2

Polearms/2

Staves/2

Greatswords/2

Axes/2

Hammers/2

Hand/5

I, personally, would like to see more use of a Kama. Excuse me if I completely rip of League of Legends, but Thresh's weapon. I'd like the Kama's charge attack to be a throw, like Thresh's hook, that will hook enemies, and pull them towards you. I don't care if it deals little to no damage, I just want to see a weapon attached to a chain that can combo its heavy attack into a finisher. Make more use out of that mod card.

Hooked enemy gets pulled to you while knocked down on the ground -> Next attack is a finisher that gores them! <3

Edited by Katzenwolf