The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Too Easy.

Laraso

It has very short range and mediocre damage, doesn't let you phase through enemies, and does less damage if you actually aim at your target. At least, that's from my experiences with it.

Short range? Mediocre damage? It has longer total range than Slash Dash and does more damage. The only thing Slash Dash has over it is that bit about phasing through enemies. And I can't even confirm that since I can't log in right now without crashing.

It has very short range and mediocre damage, doesn't let you phase through enemies, and does less damage if you actually aim at your target. At least, that's from my experiences with it.

It used to go through everything, and with maxed Stretch you had good range... was it nerfed?

It used to go through everything, and with maxed Stretch you had good range... was it nerfed?

Must have been a stealth nerf since I remember it knocking enemies down and crossing a HUGE distance when modded for distance. Also, it would have had to be recent (U11) since I tested that pure Rhino Charge build just days before U11 launched.

Short range? Mediocre damage? It has longer total range than Slash Dash and does more damage. The only thing Slash Dash has over it is that bit about phasing through enemies. And I can't even confirm that since I can't log in right now without crashing.

My Rhino Charge goes barely half the distance of my Slash Dash and does little over half the damage, both are maxed. So, yes, it's pretty bad. That is unless my specific Rhino Charge is somehow more terrible than everyone elses.

Add to that the fact that Rhino is probably the most common frame I see whenever I play online (admittedly the only time I do that is to get alert rewards faster), and I've never seen anyone use it. Literally not a single itme.

Edited by Laraso

My Rhino Charge goes barely half the distance of my Slash Dash and does little over half the damage, both are maxed. So, yes, it's pretty bad. That is unless my specific Rhino Charge is somehow more terrible than everyone elses.

Add to that the fact that Rhino is probably the most common frame I see whenever I play online (admittedly the only time I do that is to get alert rewards faster), and I've never seen anyone use it. Literally not a single itme.

Have you actually even tried to maximize Rhino Charge? Because it sounds like you either aren't doing it, or aren't doing it correctly (idk, maybe you think stretch increases its range when it doesn't). http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino 

Check the ability section, go to the maximization tab on Rhino Charge. And people don't use it because Rhino's ult is just so much better, and people often don't know/care about how good it can be when used as a mobility skill.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino_(Warframe)

Rhino Charge seems to have a 2 meter in range on max level. That can't be right can it?

Also the reason I don't use that skill is because it's nullified by Rhino Stomp. I have more valuable mods to throw into my frame than a useless skill.

That refers to the AoE around Rhino as he charges forward. Duration is what affects the distance traveled.

If I remember correctly, fully modded and without any mods like Stretch or Continuity(this is the one that increases range for either, for whatever reason, stretch makes the AoE or "sweep width" wider) Both abilities have similar ranges, both can phase but Rhino Charge does more damage than Slash Dash and usually knocks down enemies. All this was pre-U11 though, and may not be the case anymore as I noticed that they did quite a number of secret changes to warframe abilities, one such example being that Volt's overload no longer leaves you floating in the same spot for its duration. 

Also, I still use Rhino Charge sometimes, it's just entertaining to see your enemies explode into a cloud of red mist and limbs but that may just be in my case :P

Have you actually even tried to maximize Rhino Charge? Because it sounds like you either aren't doing it, or aren't doing it correctly (idk, maybe you think stretch increases its range when it doesn't). http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino

By maxed, I mean max rank. Fully upgraded. I don't have either of them maxed for power range / strength / effeciency.

By maxed, I mean max rank. Fully upgraded. I don't have either of them maxed for power range / strength / effeciency.

Then you aren't seeing what they're capable of. Even in base (max rank but no supporting mods) Rhino Charge does more damage (650 compared to Slash Dash's 500). So... I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that Rhino Charge is a wannabe or mediocre.

Then you aren't seeing what they're capable of. Even in base (max rank but no supporting mods) Rhino Charge does more damage (650 compared to Slash Dash's 500). So... I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that Rhino Charge is a wannabe or mediocre.

Whenever I use it, I see 350's, not 650's. Weird.

It could be because Warframe abilities now mostly deal elemental type damage, even the ones that previously were not elemental or ignored armor calculations, because of Damage 2.0. I noticed that Banshee's Sound Quake now deals blast damage, and adheres to this table--> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 when I use it against shielded enemies. That, or it could be stealth nerfed as you said.

It could be because Warframe abilities now mostly deal elemental type damage, even the ones that previously were not elemental or ignored armor calculations, because of Damage 2.0. I noticed that Banshee's Sound Quake now deals blast damage, and adheres to this table--> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 when I use it against shielded enemies. That, or it could be stealth nerfed as you said.

I noticed the blast damage thing too, I thought I was seeing things.

The more salient question is not Rhino Charge vs Slash Dash but why you would bother equipping Rhino Charge at all when you can be slapping Fleeting Expertise on for your superior-in-almost-every-way Rhino Stomp instead.

25 energy Stomp Rhino tantrum builds (add Streamline, Focus, and a rank 3 Blind Rage to keep your 75% energy efficiency and +57% more power damage, PLUS pump up your 12.5 energy Iron Skin with 57% more soak) kind of own any advantage equipping Roar or Charge would convey in the vast majority of situations. Plus power duration doesn't even affect Rhino Stomp's stasis effect.

The more salient question is not Rhino Charge vs Slash Dash but why you would bother equipping Rhino Charge at all when you can be slapping Fleeting Expertise on for your superior-in-almost-every-way Rhino Stomp instead. 25 energy Stomp Rhino tantrum builds (add Streamline, Focus, and a rank 3 Blind Rage to keep your 75% energy efficiency and +57% more power damage, PLUS pump up your 12.5 energy Iron Skin with 57% more soak) kind of own any advantage equipping Roar or Charge would convey in the vast majority of situations. Plus power duration doesn't even affect Rhino Stomp's stasis effect.

Well, the answer to that question is the fact that I don't have Fleeting Expertise.

Also, on a more on-topic note, all of my weapons are suddenly doing 70% less damage than they used to. I'm not entirely sure what happened with that last hotfix, but enemies don't die instantly anymore. So, good work DE.

The more salient question is not Rhino Charge vs Slash Dash but why you would bother equipping Rhino Charge at all when you can be slapping Fleeting Expertise on for your superior-in-almost-every-way Rhino Stomp instead. 25 energy Stomp Rhino tantrum builds (add Streamline, Focus, and a rank 3 Blind Rage to keep your 75% energy efficiency and +57% more power damage, PLUS pump up your 12.5 energy Iron Skin with 57% more soak) kind of own any advantage equipping Roar or Charge would convey in the vast majority of situations. Plus power duration doesn't even affect Rhino Stomp's stasis effect.

Not everyone likes being a Rhino Stomp spammer.

Well, the answer to that question is the fact that I don't have Fleeting Expertise.

Also, on a more on-topic note, all of my weapons are suddenly doing 70% less damage than they used to. I'm not entirely sure what happened with that last hotfix, but enemies don't die instantly anymore. So, good work DE.

Do you have the extinguished key equipped?

Do you have the extinguished key equipped?

Apparently I did. Even though I never equipped it in the first place. Well, I'm not sure why I never thought of it before, but I guess putting that key on would help whenever I want a challenge.

I'd still rather DE just give us higher level missions though, so I don't have to rely on a 75% damage debuff to make things interesting.

Edited by Laraso

The topic is about the game being too easy. If you don't like Stomp spam because it's as boring as any other frame that's Push4ToWin, that's understandable, but not really a valid response to 'game is too easy with met with tactic X'. Perhaps tactic X shouldn't make the game that easy!