The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform question/s

(PSN)m0_tat-

Hello :) ! I was just wandering since my main progress is on PS4, I have a PC now and wish to have progress transferred to PC, but having the ability to switch back & fourth from PC to PS4 would be nice, would I choose merge as option ? The FAQ is kind of confusing.., I have had my PC for 2-3 months now and made my PC warframe account well before November.

Please double check what I tell you but I believe If you have the most progress on PlayStation that should be the main account and if you have another one on a different platform that you want to combine with your main account that is a secondary account which gets merged to primary account then gets deleted after the merge. Then that account has cross play because after the merge it will essentially automatically link once the items and progress is transfered and saved which in turn activates cross play/save to use that primary account on any platform that supports Warframe. 

Hi merge is combineing lets say you have 2 account when you do merge it's gonna be 1 account. One of the accounts gonna be primary and the other one is gonna be transfering to primary. Like you have 50k Credit on primary account and 10k on the other one so after merge its gonna be 60k Credit on primary accountr but some of the things will not be transfered like they said you should check the website for better info. 

But link is the thing you wanna do like me Link is using your primary ps4 account between platforms so when you play both of the platforms the progress will be the same 

I think at the end of a merge once everything is transfered it does an automatic link so you can play on any platform with said account if it doesn't automatically do that for you I think you still have the option to link after a merge. At least that's what I took from the information provided on the website.

Link without merge I think automatically deletes the other accounts and sets it up for cross play as one account. But it seems kinda unclear to me. I'll go read the website again.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Retro_TRR said:

Hi merge is combineing lets say you have 2 account when you do merge it's gonna be 1 account. One of the accounts gonna be primary and the other one is gonna be transfering to primary. Like you have 50k Credit on primary account and 10k on the other one so after merge its gonna be 60k Credit on primary accountr but some of the things will not be transfered like they said you should check the website for better info. 

But link is the thing you wanna do like me Link is using your primary ps4 account between platforms so when you play both of the platforms the progress will be the same 

thanks, yeah I have read the FaQ It's just some things are unclear and kind of abrupt, I figured asking fellow PS users who wish to have data transferred from PS to PC would be easier if any have been successful.

38 minutes ago, Pankcake_Boy said:

I think at the end of a merge once everything is transfered it does an automatic link so you can play on any platform with said account if it doesn't automatically do that for you I think you still have the option to link after a merge. At least that's what I took from the information provided on the website.

Link without merge I think automatically deletes the other accounts and sets it up for cross play as one account. But it seems kinda unclear to me. I'll go read the website again.

ok that clarify's linking alot more, linking sounded dangerous and risky but if it can happen after merge and allow seamless access from both PC and PS that sounds much better. I made the post incase if any PS users were sucessful in transferinng PS main account data  to there new PC for clearer thorough instructions on how to execute cross save safely.

1 minute ago, (PSN)m0_tat- said:

thanks, yeah I have read the FaQ It's just some things are unclear and kind of abrupt, I figured asking fellow PS users who wish to have data transferred from PS to PC would be easier if any have been successful.

I'm waiting for it too but there is some issues like trading i really don't know what to do at this point i really wanna play on pc but should i wait or not are you gonna do the link when the doors open?

59 minutes ago, (PSN)Retro_TRR said:

I'm waiting for it too but there is some issues like trading i really don't know what to do at this point i really wanna play on pc but should i wait or not are you gonna do the link when the doors open?

Same, I want to play on PC to but I've decided to just wait it out :P I'll see how it goes :)

thx for the info all :)