The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 + PC merge alias/email issue

SketchTemp

My main account is on PS4 which is using my intended username and email. In order to carry over and merge to PC, you must create a new account and you aren’t able use a username and email that’s already used, even it’s being used for an account playing on a different platform (PS4/5, Switch, Xbox). After the merge, it defaults to using the alias and email used for the PC account.

I did not realize the newly merged/single account would technically need separate aliases depending on the platform you are playing on. This is not evident in the guidelines. If I would have known, I would’ve planned accordingly.

I understand this is not be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things and frankly I think it’s super awesome it was as smooth as it was despite the traffic issues! So fantastic job there. However, this is a small rough spot that could use some ironing out. Perhaps a window, after the dusk clears, to allow for free alias changing instead of having to pay platinum for it. 

Thanks for listening and your hard work and I hope you are able to take a break for the Holidays!