The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unread message bug (Possibly related to Cross save)

lucaksic

I linked my PS4 account with my PC account (Main one) 2 hours ago. Didn't have anything great in it but I still wanted to transfer my first frame.

Ever since then, the latest message in my inbox reappears as new. With the notification and the interruption (Where the message pops up on your screen) 

I tried to delete the message but once I did that, the bug transferred to the most recent message.

The message notification appears every time I do a new mission, while I'm in the foundry, and also while being idle.

Screenshot for reference: https://imgur.com/a/xrtuYzt

The message remains unread even if I open it.

https://imgur.com/SZIyAxY

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, same problem after merge. Tried re-logging in hoping it would fix, still didn't work.
GOT A SOLUTION WHILE TYPING THIS XD

I just read every single message I had. It was just one random message near the end of my inbox. Pretty sure I read all my messages before the merge cause there weren't any pop-ups and notifs of new messages in my PS4. 

• Like 1

I got this exact same issue, as do some other people it seems. But unfortunately reading and cleaning inbox does not help, me at least. Though my console account was unused for a long time, so it very likely had unread inbox messages. Which I can't go back and clear any more.

There is a thread bout this also in the general PC UI bugs. I'll link it here and vice versa for visibility.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-01-19 at 8:47 PM, Uni_Exer said:

Yup, same problem after merge. Tried re-logging in hoping it would fix, still didn't work.
GOT A SOLUTION WHILE TYPING THIS XD

I just read every single message I had. It was just one random message near the end of my inbox. Pretty sure I read all my messages before the merge cause there weren't any pop-ups and notifs of new messages in my PS4. 

Yeah, this is the solution.

After one month I am finally free