The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save: Mid-Release Review (re-opens in JANUARY).

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, (PSN)Gibberish-Jack said:

We have been waiting for this for a long time.  Thank you for getting done because I wasn't starting all over again on my new console.  Now that the merge is due soon I've been back on playing everyday.

Soooo when abouts are you guys coming back in January..? 😅

I'd honestly give them to the second week.  Post history seems to indicate return by the middle of the second week or there abouts.

I'm excited for that! Second week sounds great. Only reason I reinstalled the game on PC today is so I can be ready once they start back up. I've had a PS4 account for many years, but don't have a PS4 anymore. Warframe is one of the few games I truly miss playing. Very excited to be able to play my favorite fire-footed fiend, and timeless tophat boi again. I hope the Riven mod shuffle and general re-balancing hasn't made my old builds useless though. It's been a while...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

I'd honestly give them to the second week.  Post history seems to indicate return by the middle of the second week or there abouts.

Thanks for the heads up.  I go back to work in the second week of Jan so I was kinda hoping it'd be the first week but they need their holidays too I guess

Just going to keep grinding gear on my secondary account until the merge then

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Gibberish-Jack said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I go back to work in the second week of Jan so I was kinda hoping it'd be the first week but they need their holidays too I guess

Just going to keep grinding gear on my secondary account until the merge then

Cheers!

That's for the best (grinding on both accounts as much as you're comfortable with).

We now know everything is added from both accounts that goes into your inventory.

Things like syndicate standing, intrinsics, and focus don't carry over.

So you can leverage that by adding lots of things to your inventory and not duplicating items unless necessary.

fill empty slots so they don't disappear (rivens excepted).

All active loadouts are carried over as well.  So you can fill them on both accounts and change them after the merge.

If both are up to current content you can double your shards per week. 

I was trying to merge my PS4 (main) with my PC account but was shown an error that says I am not eligible because when switch was launched I copied my PC to the Switch. I have never put any time in to the switch but was excited to play my new merged account on the switch while traveling. Is there any way to delete my Switch account and merge the PS4 and PC since the switch and PC are the duplicated account? I have made real money purchases on both PC and PS4 and would like to keep them. Right now only way I can see is overwrite my PS4 on my switch and just leave my PC dormant which I think is a waste of my time, effort, and money. Thanks for all the awesome updates and content. 

so for one of the 100k people that got in, I gotta ask if I wanted to start Warframe on PC when I already have a ps4 account, when account merge comes back out, do you choose which account is the primary account, and then that account is used on both consoles? or does it combine the 2 items from both accounts ?

On 2023-12-22 at 4:01 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno - our ambitions of delivering Cross Platform Save in 2023 have been a partial success. We are hitting pause. Over 100,000 Tenno have used the feature in the short time that it was open (WOW), but it will not be open over the holidays for stability and technical reasons.

More details on that:

Stability: When we opened the gates on Dec 22, it brought down our operations for just under an hour. We have since fixed this at-scale for now, but we cannot risk it happening again without full-time supervision.

Technical Reasons: On a per-hour basis, we are finding at least 1 major issue being reported that will prevent someone from playing over the holidays. We do not want this to trend in any direction other than down, so we have closed the gates.  

We return in January to re-open and re-allow the feature to be even more user-friendly and stable.

Apologies that we could not keep it open, but it will be back!
See you in 2024!

Where in January now so?

• Like 2

I am very grateful to DE for taking care of our players, but I hope that DE will pay more attention to PS4 users. At present, the configuration of PS4 may not be able to run warframe smoothly. I have a good computer, but I can't play warframe with it, which is really a pity. I am very much looking forward to cross-platform archiving, and thank you again for your hard work.😃

Can a dev please confirm how merging will effect sydacites? For instance if my pc account it rank 3 with Fortuna and my Playstation account is rank 5. I want my pc account to be my main (3) will it take the higher value of my PS account(5) or are you stuck with the sydacite progress of the "main" account?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Grazzt_J said:

Can a dev please confirm how merging will effect sydacites? For instance if my pc account it rank 3 with Fortuna and my Playstation account is rank 5. I want my pc account to be my main (3) will it take the higher value of my PS account(5) or are you stuck with the sydacite progress of the "main" account?

Not a dev but as someone who has merged it is stuck on the progress of the main account.  You do keep inventory.  So if you say... have a bunch of debt bonds on your PS account.  You can use those to speed up the process. 

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Not a dev but as someone who has merged it is stuck on the progress of the main account.  You do keep inventory.  So if you say... have a bunch of debt bonds on your PS account.  You can use those to speed up the process. 

bummer...thank you for the info though(: I'm super anxious to get them linked so I can retire my PS

Hi, I had connected from the Xbox to the PC and for the moment everything is fine, I haven't had the chance to join the clan yet... thank you so much for all the work you are doing for us players I am honored to be on warframeClimb On Little Friend GIF by Xbox

• Like 1

I am beating myself up so hard rn that I waited and didn't go and do the first crosssave wave for fear of losing items due to the bugs that were being had with it. Operation Gargolyes Cry is just passing me by and I'll never be able to get those items again...I've missed a lot over the years since I last had my ps4 but watching it happen in front of me sucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)BLCKLSTD_Cat said:

I am beating myself up so hard rn that I waited and didn't go and do the first crosssave wave for fear of losing items due to the bugs that were being had with it. Operation Gargolyes Cry is just passing me by and I'll never be able to get those items again...I've missed a lot over the years since I last had my ps4 but watching it happen in front of me sucks.

Saaame! I just wish we could get any kind of update. It'd be nice to have some kind of idea when we might expect it. I just refresh my account page and this page every hour to see if its open again...

• Like 1